Trailer Trash

Reflections on Family, Life and Running from Leon Lutz (Lace's Pacer) (Read 56 times)

Watoni

I really enjoyed the read ... just another affirmation of the quality folks in the (ultra)running community

I am also about to disagree with Sara Lavender Smith in the comments section Wink

http://www.irunfar.com/2013/08/why-do-you-have-to-run-so-much.html

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Very well written, a great read!

I don't agree with Liesel Bradford's and Sara Lavender Smith's comments, sounds to me their understanding is that parents have to make sacrifices for their children even in core areas which are essential for their own well-being.

Nothing wrong with the kids missing a parent at times, or wishing Mom and Dad had more time to spend with them. If they could, they would want the parents around them all the time, and the smaller they are, the less time they want to be on their own. Getting this desire for parental company fulfilled most of the time is the privilege of childhood, but it does not have to be fulfilled at all times. Leaving a gap between desire and fulfilment leads to growth, both mentally and emotionally, without causing harm (unless we are talking about neglecting the kids and their needs, which is not what the topic here).

Life requires to take care of one's own and their family's needs, and maintaining emotional and mental stability is just as important as securing economic stability. Should a parent reduce or give up their job because their kid thinks they are away "too much"?

It's all about keeping a balance, and Leon expresses this beautifully with his words.

I don't see why parents have to explain everything to the kids in a way that they understand it immediately. Kids grow, and giving them food for thought fosters and promotes that growth, even if it puts them at discomfort for a while. So while of course we try to explain "the world" and "life" and what's happening around them to our kids in a way so that they get the picture, they need some inspiration to gather more information from other sources as well to one day understand what their parents meant.

Run for fun.

Occasional Runner

Leon is an incredibly loving Father and husband. His wife and daughters are lucky to have him and they lack for nothing.

Leon does an amazing job of assessing and summarizing the emotions and demands of distance running. I wish I had a fraction of his insight and writing talent.

If you ever have a chance to spend time with Leon, you'll end up with a lifelong friend and be better off for it.

AlejandrinaRamir

Such writing are always very interesting to read and never do bore and are entertaining too.

executive coach