Trailer Trash

Fire on the Mountain Fridailies (Read 40 times)

Snowdenrun

Afternoon!

Guilty of sleeping in til 10 today. It was wonderful. Maybe I'll get a run in after work tonight.

Yesterday I ran 14 miles in the rainy mist. I was literally dripping wet. I wanted to keep going a few more miles because you can only get so wet, but I did get cold. I think I've developed Raynauds disease, where my fingers lose circulation  I call them dead fingers. It's been getting progressively worse and yesterday's run was the worst yet. My fingers were dead white, which is normal, but my finger tips turned purple. Which is new. I even had gloves on. My fingers we numb for a good hour after my run. It's May, shouldn't I be running in shorts by now??

QOTD: I don't drink much water when I run. I can go a pretty long time with out it. I rarely bring anything on runs under 2 hours. But that probably had a lot to do with the climate I'm in. On the other hand, I drink water like crazy through out the day. I carry a Nalgene around like it's my security blanket.

runfastandie

QOTD:  I think I drink less because I'm not as concerned. I used to be freaked out by getting dehydrated but now I feel I know what I need- so yes, less.

Today is PT day. Lets hope for some good news on the quad!!!

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Afternoon,

9 road miles today in the sun, it was a bit warm, but not too hot.

QOTD: I tend to drink less now than a few years ago, and I assume my body has adjusted to the exertion and does not need as much water. However, when it is hot, I like carrying water to keep my mouth cool with an occasional sip.

Jamie: I'm running a trail HM race this Sunday (Greenwood Furnace Trail Challenge), but I take it more as the second part of a B2B, so not much emphasis on being fast.

Run for fun.