Trailer Trash

As an Iowa boy, this scares the crap out of me (Read 75 times)

Daydreamer1

He had a walkin vault in the lower level that was the size of my office. Total wealth all over with the cars, the elephant skin couches etc. Just obscene wealth.  

This reminded me of the stories that my dad would tell about one of the landlords my grandparents rented from in the '30s and '40s. He had made his money in bootleging and prostitution. When my grandfather would stop by to pay the rent, the landlord would take them into his vault where he had sacks of money sitting around. My grandparents were quite poor at that time and my dad said there was many times he walked out with more change in his pockets then his dad had just paid in rent. The landlord would simply scoop up handfuls of change and dump them into his pockets, or even hand him a crisp $20 bill.

Years later a family bought one of this man's old mansions and while repairing it found all sorts of secret tunnels. They gave tours for a while but got tired of it and quit doing it after a few years.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

our lion biologists found out  that bear spray is very effective for deterring lions, much more effective imo than a .380 or any handgun for that matter- if you have two legged predators about, then I would however recommend keeping the .380 Big grin

I've had a few lion encounters (one while running) and have never felt threatened; lion attacks are very rare and in those rare instances they do attack- putting up a good fight typically ends them quickly-playing dead is not an effective tactic for lions Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Chnaiur

Picture isn't working. Could you please repost? I've always wondered how people who run with guns manage to keep them handy. I mean, if you can't reach it fast, it is just dead weight.

I have the women's Nathan Intensity , this is my husbands the same model just the men's   . The .380 is a Rugar  LCP . It is in there pretty securely but still easy to pull out if you need it

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k