Trailer Trash

Big Elk Marathon & Half (Elkton, MD) (Read 28 times)

http://www.adventuregeekproductions.com/xterra-big-elk-marathon.html

Has anyone run this race? I just registered for the half. It's June 22 in Elkton, MD.

XtremeTaper

I haven't run the race but it's in the Fair Hill Preserve. THe TrailDawgs hold a lot of fatass runs on those trails, and I've done training runs there many times (a friend of mine lives nearby). The trails themselves I can only describe as constantly hilly. Not mountainous, but a series of never ending ups and downs, meandering in and out of woods and meadows. With any luck the course will go through the deep stream section that the is used in the TrailDawg's St. Roch run. The water is about 5-6 feet deep in the crossing affording one the opportunity to cool of during a hot summer run. Likely though the Xterra run will use a less fun bridge crossing instead.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I haven't run the race but it's in the Fair Hill Preserve. THe TrailDawgs hold a lot of fatass runs on those trails, and I've done training runs there many times (a friend of mine lives nearby). The trails themselves I can only describe as constantly hilly. Not mountainous, but a series of never ending ups and downs, meandering in and out of woods and meadows. With any luck the course will go through the deep stream section that the is used in the TrailDawg's St. Roch run. The water is about 5-6 feet deep in the crossing affording one the opportunity to cool of during a hot summer run. Likely though the Xterra run will use a less fun bridge crossing instead.

Sounds like Wisconsin.

And 5-6 feet deep, XT??  I would have to swim across.

Running is dumb.

Booo! Well, I hope it's fun anyway. I really wanted a June race, and will not be in any shape to run the Trail Dawgs 100k on the same date. The half marathon distance is good for what I want out of June.

I was considering the St. Roch run too....but I think I'm coming back from the Caribbean the night before, which is not ideal. I am doing their Triple Crown Race (marathon) in April. Should be a lot of fun!