Trailer Trash

Park City Trail Series RR (Read 28 times)

Occasional Runner

Jo and I ran the Park City Trail Series this summer and it wrapped over the weekend with a pretty entertaining half marathon. It's not often that I get a chance to run shorter distance trail races and they serve as humbling reminder that ALL distances are hard if you run them properly. I had a lot of fun running these races and learned a few things along the way.

http://www.slippingslowlyintopain.blogspot.com/2013/09/2013-park-city-trail-series-3-out-of-4.html

Thanks for checking it out!

RabbitChaser

It sounds like a great series of runs. Congrats on placing in your AG for the three events you ran and winning your AG in the HM. It looks like a nice area for a trail run, thanks for sharing the RR and pics.

LB2

Sounds like a good day on the trails, Kelly. I agree that there should be more 100K and 10K options in trail races. I think the 100K is the perfect distance.

LB2

muppy

Nice job, looks like some beautiful trails, and congrats on the AG 3,2,1!

Did you ever figure out the abdominal pain you were having, or did it just disappear?

Occasional Runner

Nice job, looks like some beautiful trails, and congrats on the AG 3,2,1!

Did you ever figure out the abdominal pain you were having, or did it just disappear?

Thanks.

It just went away. It may be my Lyme flaring up, or something I ate. Regardless, I'm feeling pretty stellar at the moment and am hoping it lasts for a while.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Yeah, sometimes the runners in front of you in a race can be annoying, especially

the ones that don't budge when you're breathin down there neck. Nice strategy

for those last 2 miles, you nailed it.

I totally agree about the 5k distance.