Trailer Trash

Who is running "Howl at the Moon" on August 9? (Read 31 times)

charlesmoman

I am doing my 4th Howl - would not miss it, unless I got run over! Smile

During the 8 hours, I will do a nice and easy walk and get a half marathon - maybe a little more.

I likely will do that in the first few hours and then watch the rest of the time.

The longest I have walked at one time since the wreck is 7 miles, but I can do more.

Hope to see some of you there!

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I'm not going, but great to see you getting back out there Charles!

**Ask me about streaking**

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Good luck today, Charles. Hope you can still make it to NC 24. I'd love to walk or jog a lap or two with you.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

muppy

Congratulations on your amazing recovery Charles, hope you have a great time at howl at the moon, you deserve it!

charlesmoman

I went to the Howl with the goal of a half marathon and did that.

I did not care about time, but it was 3:44 with a 16:42 pace with a few quick potty breaks. My running app says I did 13.42 miles.

I could have walked more, but I thought it would be wise to not over do it.

I have been walking lately on blacktop in the cemetery down the street, so my ankles had a workout on the trails.

Yes, I will be going to NC 24 and trying to walk most of the 24 hours.

I really don't know when I will be able to run again or if ever.

Some pelvic muscles just won't seem to loosen up and I thought they would have by now.

I have been told that there would be scar tissue - so that may be the trouble.

Anyway, it was nice seeing a few people I knew.

The Howl is a big event and you kind of fade into the crowd.

99% did not know about my wreck and that is just fine with me.

I am now kind of tired of talking about it now and will just stop - it's old news.

Daydreamer1

Great job!  If that was all walking that's a pretty good pace.

charlesmoman

100% walking - running is impossible now and likely for not many months to come. Or ever.

moonlightrunner

Charles! Great job on the half. I am hoping for your continued recovery. You have come a log way down the trail and I am sure there is note to come.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

charlesmoman

SheCan

I can't believe you're even walking over a half marathon at this point!  That's awesome.  Hope you had a great time.  Do you have any more upcoming races?

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

charlesmoman

Thanks.

Next is the Northcoast 24-hour Ultra in Cleveland - 9/20-21

St. Pat's 24-hour at South Bend, IN on 10/18-19

Tunnel Hill Ultra - IL - 11/15-16 I am signed up for this one, but not sure I can do it. Hopefully I can.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

My favorite day of the week is RUNday