Trailer Trash

Far To Go Fridaily (Read 32 times)

Hi all!  New to the party and wanted to say greetings and happy weekend to you all.  I'm from North Central PA and live in the woods with my 2 rottie pups and my fiancé/business partner.  Together we own and operate the local watering hole.  It's a fun life.  Been trail running for almost 2 years now, but for most of my 20s I wasn't really bothered with physical activity period.  Now that I'm older and wiser, I am addicted to the lifestyle and I need my forest time whenever I can fit it in.

Today I went out for a fast 6 miles on our local rails to trails during my "lunch break" with one of my favorite running club chicks.  She usually kicks my butt around the trails or roads, so any chance I can get to run with her I jump on.  Something about running near the water on a little bit of fresh powder this time of year is the best feeling ever.

QOTD: I usually find myself in a slump this time of year, but winter has been so mild this year (in my opinion), that it hasn't really put the damper on anything.  I had a bad summer/fall - lots of injuries and illness, and just started feeling myself again (and pain free) in November, so I'm kind of backwards in the normal trajectory of how seasons go this year.  Plus hunting season just ended (which seriously curtailed my outings, basically I was running on the road except for long Sunday excursions), so I'm kind of just trying to suck up as much of the woods as I possibly can before muzzle loader comes back in.  So anyway, I'm energetic right now, and soon the days will be getting longer.  Ask me again in February, though, when the temps are below zero and I have to ski to work.

Looking forward to meeting you all!  Happy trails Smile

charlesmoman

Friday  I did 18 miles at the Muscatatuck National Wildlife Refuge in less than 4 hours.

Here is a little video I made about it - Today's 18-miler

18.00 miles - 3:54:51
      Average pace 13:02
      1 - 12:04

2 - 11:56

3 - 12:29

4 - 12:25

5 - 12:01

6 - 11:31

7 - 12:34

8 - 12:39
      9 - 12:59

10 -12:24

11 - 13:32

12 - 13:15

13 - 13:21

14 - 13:28

15 - 14:18
      16 - 14:34

17 - 15:05

18 - 14:00

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Welcome, Martha!  We've got lots of people from PA around here!

Running is dumb.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Hi all!  New to the party and wanted to say greetings and happy weekend to you all.  I'm from North Central PA and live in the woods with my 2 rottie pups and my fiancé/business partner.  Together we own and operate the local watering hole.  It's a fun life.  Been trail running for almost 2 years now, but for most of my 20s I wasn't really bothered with physical activity period.  Now that I'm older and wiser, I am addicted to the lifestyle and I need my forest time whenever I can fit it in.

Welcome Martha..sounds like you have an awesome life....live in woods, 2 dogs, a lover, young, and best if alll you run a watering hole!!!    Jeaslous!,,

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Mandy - I think us Pennsylvanians must be a glutton for punishment.  Between the crappy roads and crazy weather, running ultras and such seems like a natural extension of the kind of things we enjoy Smile nice to meet you!

Sue - you are too kind  It's good to meet you!

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Welcome Martha! Another Pennsylvanian to join the force!

Run for fun.