Trailer Trash

My shoes stink! (Read 53 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

My advice is don't sniff your shoes.  If you must sniff your shoes, do so from a long distance.

I guess I am a pig.  I never smell my shoes or clean them.  If I stepped in dog shit, I would leave them outside to dry, put them on the next day and figure the shit will fall out while running, sometime it takes a few days. Blush No sarcasm here...it's the truth. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Snowdenrun

I guess I am a pig.  I never smell my shoes or clean them.  If I stepped in dog shit, I would leave them outside to dry, put them on the next day and figure the shit will fall out while running, sometime it takes a few days. Blush No sarcasm here...it's the truth. 

I do the same thing. About a month ago we had a week of nice weather- the first in many months, and when I put my shoes on I said "Oh, they're dry, that's nice." My shoes are always wet. Always.

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

I kind of like the patchouli smell.

You people have issues 

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

Don't sniff them. They are trail shoes, for pete's sake.  They are not supposed to smell Minty-fresh.

My wife does not agree, and sometime washes them when she can't stand it anymore.  I lose more insoles that way.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

Trail Monster

Don't sniff them. They are trail shoes, for pete's sake.  They are not supposed to smell Minty-fresh.

My wife does not agree, and sometime washes them when she can't stand it anymore.  I lose more insoles that way.

Please read people! This is not normal trail shoe stink! This is "open my basement door and want to pass out" stink. It is so bad I can't go down the stairs without breathing through my mouth. If it was just when I put my nose within 12" of them I wouldn't care.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Please read people! This is not normal trail shoe stink! This is "open my basement door and want to pass out" stink. It is so bad I can't go down the stairs without breathing through my mouth. If it was just when I put my nose within 12" of them I wouldn't care.

Are you sure it's not the basement?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Are you sure it's not the basement?

That's a good thought Queen. I have no idea what kind of house and basement Banshee has but if a large rat or even a ground hog died down there, phew, it will stink for quite a while, days and weeks even.

But, if it is the shoes then what I would do is soak then in some clean water with some Lysol or other anti bacterial agent in it. When they're clean, dry them using the newspaper trick and keep spraying them with Lysol. I can't imagine that you can't clean them up that way, at least enough to make them bearable.