Trailer Trash

Sore Sundaily (Read 26 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I ran, I am sore.  But not too bad.  I finished Stone Mill in the dark although not by much.  I never pulled out my flashlight.  I wanted to beat sunset but just did not happen.  I ran without a watch (thanks AT) and just ran.  Was a good day overall.  Now to work out some sore legs.

Very nice to meet Nancy! Thanks for volunteering on a chilly windy day.

QOTD: What do you do for soreness after a race or LR?

I will make sure I do not sit too long today, get out and do some yard work which includes pushing the mower around up and down our baby hills.  Maybe I can convince DW to take me for a walk like she does the dog.  Not sure I have a run in my today.  Walking will do.

Have a great Sunday!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Congrats Jamie on finishing Stone Mill! Sounds like you had a fun time on those trails.

Getting ready to head out for a short run before work. Weather is beautiful, yet windy, so I'm not sure if I should actually run on my usual trails in the woods, as tempting as it might be. Maybe stay on the bike path for another run again.

QOTD: I focus on keeping moving, but I prefer low-intensity activities, like walking, doing household chores (in my snail-speed dawdling way, so it's always low intensity   , or playing with the kids. Sitting for too long, or too much resting on the couch just increase the soreness.

Oh, and a hot bath is always nice, too. (That's what was recommended in the olden days for muscle recovery, screw that ice bath! Hot, with a lot of bubbles, is just right)

Run for fun.

AT-runner

Tim

Jamie, glad your fun run went well. Glad removing your watch might have helped. Amazing how we feel when we listen to our bodies instead of a watch.

Short run today. Nice and sunny outside.

QOTD: I'm big fan of active recovery. I'll walk briskly and then run a bit at a slow pace. Also try to eat well after a long race with good proteins and some complex carbs. 3 days after I'll eat all the cookies in the house.

Agree with Marie about hot bath. We have a hot tub, and I use that often for recovery.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Morning trailers!  Will get in 4 or 5 miles later after a hike with the kiddos.  It's such a nice day and I need to get out to escape some extended family drama.  'Tis the season, right?   Like most drama, 50% is real and the other 75% is created.

Jamie-- great finish!  Lots of happy runners yesterday and it was a great day for the race.  Glad to hear that you finished before dark (or just about).

qotd:  I'm one of the non-ultra runner voices here, so it's relative, right?  Usually active recovery of lots of walking, especially making myself walk errands and get a bunch of short walks in instead of fewer, longer jaunts.   I really want a hot tub, but just can't justify the expense.  Maybe someday.

Keep Going

Great Job on the Stone Mill finish Jamie! That race is probably tops on my list of 50 milers to do.

qotd: I usually do a very slow shuffle/jog the next day on the flat bike path in my development for recovery. 3 to 4 miles tops. The first mile or so sucks totally but by the end I feel really good for some reason. Walking and taking a bath of course works also. But make sure you eat a pint of your favorite ice cream in one sitting! That's a must! 

100 milers are my favorite

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

morning all!

congrats Jamie!

I'm a wee bit sore today as well, had a nice 16 mile run, but with the snow and ice it took me a full hour (3 vs 4) longer to finish and it definitely added some soreness in as well- we had a combination of perfectly dry trail, slick/icy trail and snow (some of it a foot or more deep) which made it interesting to say the least

my buddy Kevin (who I did the Bob Marshall Open with last year)- he's much faster than me, so I was playing catch up all morning  and smilin' Mike

qotd: like to start with an ice bath, it hurts, but helps- definitely active recovery- hiking or a slow/short-ish run or both, I'll sometimes wear calf compression "socks" at night if my calves are sore, I do like a hot shower the next day, but find cold works best at first

I also eat like a pig for a couple of days (well actually I kind of eat like a pig almost every day! )

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

muppy

6.1 miles on the cross country course by Hersheypark. It will probably be the last time I run it because they are demolishing it to put a road in.

Nice job Jamie!

QOTD General Tso's chicken is my secret recovery food.  I do try to keep active and moving around and go for a nice walk the next day or two.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Afternoon, folks.

I started my day with a nice long hike with the dog, came home ate a banana

and headed out for what turned out to be a half marathon, not a race just a

lollipop loop that came out to 13.3. Another great day to be outdoors.

Congrats, Jamie. I was thinking about you yesterday morning when I walked outside and

felt how bitter cold and breezy it was. Nice job!

QOTD: Nothing fancy for me, I go for a walk and use The Stick. I have tried the ice

bath in the past, but I'm just not that hardcore lately, my boys are happy about that

too.

NHLA

Still blowing leaves.

Qotd  500mg naproxen. you will need scipt. Don't take more than two a day. Over counter not the same. Active rest. I hike some of the trails that are no fun to run.

runtraildc

Hi all-- only got in a couple of miles on the paved trail before I gave up.  Too many people, but I don't blame them-- it was nice outside.

But anyways, since MTWarden was sharing views of the trail, I thought I'd share mine.  Every few years this happens along this trail-- an owl starts attacking mostly runners at dawn & dusk.  On one hand, it's kinda funny until you think about what these folks go thru.  Running along by yourself, and swat-- you get hit hard on the back of your head, maybe feel sharp talons, sometimes blood.  Your mind probably runs to the worst fear-- getting attacked by a person, before you realize what has happened.  Lesson here-- don't mess with owls.

Sandy-2

Went away with the DW to celebrate her 'birthday weekend'.  We went to a little remote hotel located in the middle of a national forest, in the mountains.  The hotel wasn't the greatest, but the rooms were very clean and it was very quiet and nice, ..... and we did bring a few bottles of wine....    About a 15-20 min drive on very narrow roads in to the town of Gyeongju.   I did manage to do an early morning 7 mi run along the trail that goes through the forest (the hotel is basically at the trail head).  The weekend was great, but have to admit the news about Paris was a total shocker, quite the contrast of where we were and reality.

Anyway here are a few photos from my little run, it actually reminded me a bit like Pennsylvania.

qotd:  I need to move around, walk, stretch, etc.

tbd.