Trailer Trash

Daily Fueling and Nutrition (Read 72 times)

Messenjah

HA HA HA HA!!!!

Fine.  I admit it.  I like Cheetos.  Tight lips

Occasional Runner

Fine.  I admit it.  I like Cheetos.  Tight lips

I'm fucking SHOCKED!

Holden McGruyen

Q: How do you prevent a Mormon from drinking all the beer at a party?

A: Invite another Mormon.

Q: How do you stop a runner from eating all the junk food at a party?

A:

I'm Holden McGruyen. Would you like to join me?

Birdwell

Nevermind

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

You guys eat way too healthy. Are you Americans???

No.

But I don't eat intentionally "healthy", it's just what I grew up with and what I like. I know, I'm a freak of nature. Big grin

Run for fun.

It's easier to eat healthy now that I have two kids.  Knowing that they're watching my every move is pretty powerful stuff.

runfastandie

So fun to read!

I've recently watched way too many food documentaries and read way too many health books!  Currently I'm working on getting all chemicals and packaged food out of my diet. I dropped 8 pounds with a snap of a finger and feel fabulous.  I'm moving toward reducing meat and dairy from my diet.  Not turning vegan, just reducing.  This also includes electrolytes! No more packages for me :-)

Coffee. More Coffee. And a top off of coffee.

Mixed veggies, egg, homemade salsa

Kale, berry, chia, flax, hemp seed, coconut water, aloe juice, sperolina,  smoothie

Large salad with quinoa, sun dried tomatoes, balsamic, little olive oil, beets etc- sometimes beans or chicken on top

Snack- orange, leftover smoothie, veggies and hummus (or some other bean dip).

Dinner varies from Bean/mushroom burger, some type of taco meal, fish, curry dish.  I'm working on getting the meat out of dinner but finding recipes that meet my needs and my kids's food allergies can be tough.

Recently I started not eating after 6 (or dinner).

I had a realization just a few days ago- I'd never drink a friend's breast milk, so why am I drinking breast milk from another mammal? I grossed myself out. Not sure if this is long term or not but it kind of makes my belly churn just thinking about it!

Can't wait to hear more from others!

Occasional Runner

I had a realization just a few days ago- I'd never drink a friend's breast milk, so why am I drinking breast milk from another mammal? I grossed myself out. Not sure if this is long term or not but it kind of makes my belly churn just thinking about it!

Interesting...

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Occasional Runner

Got milk?

I was wondering if that statement holds true with the introduction of large qualities of beer.

Holden McGruyen

Yeah, milk is pretty gross when you think about it. I stopped drinking milk last year when my espresso maker blew up and I switched to black coffee because I couldn't make lattes. I discovered that I'm less congested when I don't drink milk.

I've tried human breast milk. Too sweet, blechhh.

I'm Holden McGruyen. Would you like to join me?

dpc3

Got milk?

Chocolate Milk is supposedly a killer recovery drink after a long run! Just saying

Daydreamer1

Chocolate Milk is supposedly a killer recovery drink after a long run! Just saying

At my last race I ran the 25k and there was also a 50k option. When I finished I noticed that most of the fast 50k finishers were hitting the chocolate milk quite hard.

Eh, I'll stick with my recovery margarita Big grin