Trailer Trash

Semper Fi Sunday (Read 37 times)

LB2

It is the Marine Corps birthday today, 238 years old. I am proud to have been a member of that fraternity. I ran this morning; not sure how far; not really even sure how long. It was far enough and long enough. I played around with some speed; darted off onto some different routes, relaxed, enjoyed, looked around.

QOTD: Do the holidays usually decrease or increase your running time?

Generally, it increases my time.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

I had a nice run in the woods yesterday.  I had to get creative to avoid all the hunters who were out sharing my forest.  I crossed over to the Appalachian Trail and at one point saw 2 young hunters with bows walking along the AT.  I asked them if they knew there was a "no hunting" buffer around the AT and they told me to fuck off and mind my own business.  I thought about calling the Game Warden but after 1/2 mile I crossed a logging road and saw a truck parked at the trail head.  So I let some air out of 1 tire and then went on my way minding my own fucking business.  95% sure it was the right truck.  Big grin

QOTD:  I take some time off around holidays, so more running.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

Did 20 this morning.  First 5 were a bit stale, but then I started feeling better and ended up doing a pretty good run.  Tired at the end, but still able to push it in kinda strong.  I think the cool temps really helped.  B2B 20's done.  As a follow-up to yesterday's qotd, I guess I'm doing alright.

LB2: Sounds like a nice run.

AT: Assholes.

qotd: generally increase due to taking some vacation days.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning everyone!  I ran out of time yesterday and only got a 6 mile run in (I did get watch my Grizzlies win another game in the closing minutes however Big grin), today I'll get my long run in an out back on Helena Ridge which I thought was about 14 miles, after looking at my mapping software- closer to 18 miles.

qotd: if those holidays include day(s) off from work, then more running- damn work anyways Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky and I got 9 miles in on the trails this morning, after sun up as I figure the weekend is my only chance to run during daylight rather than before dawn. Due to getting out there later than usual, there were a few people, one other runner and 2 with 2 dogs, again Rocky was happy to meet fellow canines who also seemed intent on playing. I am happy to say this is the furthest Rocky has ran now, and I think the longest, 1:36:36 so he deserves a special treat.

qotd: I'll probably try to get more runs in this holiday season, to make up for the eating of delicious foods.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

runtraildc

Morning!  Did a trail 5K race with the boys this morning.  Chose the 5K over the ten miler so I could run with them, and they left me in the dust in the first 20 yards.  Then, while trying to keep track of the younger one, I tripped over a root and went flying, badly twisting an ankle.  Kept going on, just so I could roll it a few more times for good measure.  Started thinking about who was ahead, wondering if  I could take my age group, then missed a turn.  Me and about a dozen others got 'lost' and it took a bit to get back on track.   No worries, still ended up taking my AG (it was a very small race, first year).  Sons took 2 and 3 for 'under 18'.  Ankle is swollen, so I may be taking a few days off.

AT-- good work.

qotd:  more.  and it always surprises me, but with family overload, I obviously find my escape thru running.

Watoni

After a hard run yesterday and a sleepover hosted at our place, I think a mellow 1.5-2 hours is in order at some point Wink

Signed up for the WS100 lottery this morning, so that is something running-related

QOTD: less

moonlightrunner

No run yet today. In addition to stomach problems I now am having lower GI issues. Little Leary of running anywhere right now where there might be others close by. not a lot of cover left in the woods. Hoping for 7 at the state park close to dark. Cover of darkness is a good option.

qotd: The holidays, stomach problems and my dd and her kids moving in with me are all conspiring to deny me running time.

At: good job!

lb: thanks for your service and happy bad Marines.

got a phone call from my son on Afghanistan...he should be home in a couple monthd!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

The pooch and I did an easy 5.

QOTD: Probably no effect.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Watoni

Good 10 miles on the Hokas (still don't trust them on the technical stuff). Decent pace but not on fire on the hills. A little over 1200 feet elevation gain, just under 7:45 overall pace.

Semper Fi Sunday indeed. My buddy from cycling (Marine pilot) just posted a tribute to one of his friends from the Marines that died in Afghanistan ....

NorthernHarrier

Back home after a couple days in the north. Way too early to be running in snow. I need to acclimate to the extra effort needed as I did a 10 miler breaking trail in about 2-3 inches of wet snow and I was tired, real tired. But it was beautiful. Back home to the tropics of southern Wi.

AT--Nice job. You probably were a cool juvenile.  Someday I'll detail my dragging of a 16D nail from stem to stern of a cranky bitches sport ute while running. Simple pleasures....

QOTD--about the same. It's still hunting season so that will suck up any extra time, though I will be nice to any runners I see.  Smile