Trailer Trash

Front Range Fridaily (Read 41 times)

NorthernHarrier

First off--Mecrowe, that stupid moron will never learn a lesson as it's never gonna be her fault for anything.  I was once almost pepper sprayed by a woman walking alone at night wearing earbuds with the music so loud I could hear it as I came up from behind. I called out to her 3x as I approached and still freaked her out . Ended up just swearing at her and kept going.

Happier thoughts-- just had a great run out at Blue Mounds this morning, perfect conditions, cool temps, blue skies, etc., etc. One of those "this is why I run trails" kinda run.  Then on the way home the boss called and said I don't need to work. Told him I would just as soon not working any Fridays. Smile I will have to keep working on that.

Heading north when my DD gets home. Long run planned in the Porkies and some mountain biking at a different venue. Otherwise just the usual--cooking over a fire, maybe some canoeing, swimming, and maybe watch some fisherman run into the rock bar after I remove the buoy. Good times! Oh yeah, the beer just taste better up there.Big grin

QOTD-- When I know I'll be running a lot of open prairie areas I'll wear sunglasses but otherwise in the woods I would rather not. I wear prescription polarized glasses. Nothing fancy. I'm not cool either.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

I guess it still is - does not feel like it.

I got up at 4 to go to work, and prepare the kids' breakfasts and lunches before leaving. Now I have the rest of the day off - yay!

Not sure if I'll go out for a run today, my legs are still burning quite a bit, but much better than yesterday.Healing is in progress, a good sign.

QOTD: I have an awesome pair of sunglasses, only downside is that they are not prescription, so I don't see too well with them, but enough for running. Usually, at least, sometimes I "see" things in the woods that just can't be there - that's the fun side of being near-sighted!

On trails, I don't wear sunglasses often, because there's a lot of shade anyway, so sunglasses are just too dark. A cap with a visor usually suffices. On roads or gravel roads, I often wear sunglasses.

No idea what brand they are, though. They have a brushed aluminum frame and vermillion reflective, polarized lenses. Best thing is, they don't hurt behind the ears even after hours of wearing them, and they don't slip even when sweat is running down my face.

If I could only get another pair of these - if I remember correctly, they were just $25 or so, a few years ago!

edit: Just found it, I think they are Sonic. There's just one catch with their online catalog, you have to log in to view the glasses, and there's nowhere to sign up?? Confused

Run for fun.

runtraildc

Heading north when my DD gets home. Long run planned in the Porkies and some mountain biking at a different venue. Otherwise just the usual--cooking over a fire, maybe some canoeing, swimming, and maybe watch some fisherman run into the rock bar after I remove the buoy. Good times! Oh yeah, the beer just taste better up there.Big grin

No little run along the north shore, huh?

Watoni

Going to ride later today (lunch time).

Come on new skin, just take over .... the feet want to go running Wink

QOTD: Rarely, but if I do I use Oakley Jawbones. Expensive, but they are the only glasses I can wear cycling that do not fog up badly on climbs, and the adaptive lenses are great. I use them skiing unless it is snowing heavily, so I get three sport use out of them.

Oh, and go Lace on the aid station front. Wasatch should be great .... that is a bucket list race for me

NorthernHarrier

No little run along the north shore, huh?

Smile Nah, I really don't feel like a sufferfest, which is what I think it would be during the last stretch.  When I entered that thing way back I really thought I would be much further along in my rehab/rebuild and I know from running that course 4x in the past it is not an event you can just bluff.    So instead of a run on the North Shore I'll do a 15 miler on the South Shore in the U.P.  I do hate pissing away the entry fee though, think it was about $80.00.

Gotta admit though I have been waffling on it right up until now and if my daughter were to back out on me today who knows. I could still get up there in time, setting up camp in the dark I'm used to...... Nah! What am I saying!

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

5.6 (2.8 With Weston) Around the soggy lollipop.

Had my fastest dog drop transition ever, 1:48 to go up the driveway, unleash and feed the dog, grab a water and go back out the driveway.

11.25, 10.46, 9.56, 10.01, 10.24 (last .6@10.08 pace)

55*F and clear, with a blue and pink sunrise that couldn't be beat.

QOTD:  I'll wear prescription shades if I'm road running in the sun.  Trails are too dark for sunglasses.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

Daydreamer1

Not sure If I'll get in a run today or not. I was hoping for about 6 miles but I got out of work two hours later then planned and am now stuck doing some homework, then it's back to work later this evening so I doubt the run will happen.

QOTD: I wear prescription glasses.  I currently have Drive Wear lenses. These are supposed to change under three conditions, inside, driving and then the darkest for outside. It would be nice to have a pair of wrap around sunglasses for on the bike or on windy days but with my prescription it's difficult for anyone to cut the lenses properly to fit wrap around frames. And I'm far too blind to just get a regular pair of sunglasses.

DigDug2

Had my fastest dog drop transition ever, 1:48 to go up the driveway, unleash and feed the dog, grab a water and go back out the driveway.

Jbyram - congratulations on the PR!

Chnaiur

Back still bad - no running.

QOTD: I wear sunglasses if I'm not in the forest. I'm totally unable to hold on to any given pair for more than four weeks before they disappear, so I use whatever cheap gas-station stuff that has a decent fit.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Brian Runner

Ended up doing 7 miles on the trails tonight with my friend Tracy. Awesome weather. Cool and clear. The best months of the running year are upon us here in Pa as far as I'm concerned.

Sandy-2

Sort of an URD today. Planned to run after work but got "a better offer" that involved the Fam and dinner. :-)

qotd: no I wear my regular glasses.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL