Trailer Trash

Sad Tornado Tuesday (Read 39 times)

under a rock

Today was an easy 4 miles on the greenway with my friend. The temps are creeping up and we aren't happy about that!

QOTD: I've been through some hurricanes, don't remember which ones, some in Va and some in FL. Around here the thunderstorms with high winds scare me the most. I love a gentle thunderstorm but the serious ones leave me a wreck.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Did core yesterday...didn't love the routine but found some great exercises.

Today I'll work on upper body.  Maybe tomorrow I'll try to ride the bike.

QOTD: I drove from Allentown to Philadelphia in a rental car so I could pick up my truck (at the Philly airport) and drive it to NYC.  The whole thing took about 6 hours.  It was sketchy.

**Ask me about streaking**

jonferg67

Endless trails

Afternoon, trailers.

Had another great 5 mile run in the woods this morning, it was muggy and warm.

QOTD: I was a heavy rescue boat operator in the Coast Guard so we would actually

head out during severe weather when normal boaters were seeking safe haven. 
        Hurricane Bob was a bad one, the no name storm of that same year was rough.

I guess I was young enough and cocky enough back then to be able to box away

the fear and just get it done. On the other hand, I've also been scared shitless trying

to get to fishing boats that were sinking and navigating through mountainous sea

conditions. The worst would have to be arriving on scene and pulling 3 people out

of the water and unable to find the 4th crewmember, a 19 year old that didn't make it.

Snowdenrun

Good Morning/Afternoon Trailers

Ran yesterday, I'll run today.

QOTD: Growing up in CO I experienced rapid changes in weather, but that was normal to me. A few months ago Sitka, actually SE AK experienced a pretty large earthquake. That was followed by a tsunami evacuation. BTW in Sitka the evacuation point is at the local elementary school  located at 78ft. You can look down the street and see the harbor. Having never experienced that before I was pretty freaked out. Being with the FD I was actually helping with everything, holding my freak-out moments inside.

Sandy-2

Planning on doing 5 miles after work today.  Just hoping that it doesn't turn into an URD (guess I should have gotten my butt outta bed this morning...)  But it's ok, two rest days in a row won't be all that bad.

qotd:  I'm a little north of Houston, so we get the occasional hurricane, but where I am the biggest problem is the threat of trees falling.  The last close hurricane we had was Rita, the eye went right over our house (which was kinda cool actually), but we were without power for 10 days.

Thinking of those up in OK.

tbd.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Planning on a run later, but not sure. Hot and humid, not my favorite, but I won't have much of an opportunity to run tomorrow, so I might get myself onto the trails today.

QOTD: I've been through some hurricanes and a typhoon (the typhoon was combined with an earthquake in the middle of the night which opened closet doors and made cups fall out), those were scary. But worst was a severe thunderstorm in the night, while camping in a small tent in the middle of the forest - the screetching sounds of tree trunks and the thuds of falling tree limbs made me almost freak out.

Sad about the people in OK, especially about those who have lost a loved one, not only their house and belongings.

Run for fun.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Here's a picture of my favorite Coast Guard boat, the 47 foot Motor Life Boat, busting

through a little surf zone on the west coast.

[IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/a9nztd.jpg[/IMG]

Nevermind, forgot how to post pics.

AT-runner

Tim

Is this the boat.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Occasional Runner

This one is more bad ass!

jonferg67

Endless trails

I can't stop laughing. That dude is well-armed, the trout don't stand a chance.

This one is more bad ass!

jonferg67

Endless trails

Yup, that's the one. Fun to drive!!

[IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/2vjv0j9.jpg[/IMG]

Is this the boat.

runtraildc

rest day for me (though 'resting' from what, I'm not sure).  Traveled back home and catching up on kid & garden stuff.  I'll get in some yoga later tonight.

qotd:  Blizzard on the MN prairie, after an ice storm.  driving of course.

Shoes_N_Shorts

Just here for the food

Hill repeat pyramid for me today: 2 x :30/ 2 x :45/ 2 x :60/ 2 x :45/ 2 x :30 with 2 minutes rest in between each repeat. The local hill is fairly steep, so even with these short intervals I was able to get almost 500' in. I'm increasing intensity a couple of times a week to try to push through a bit of a plateau.

QOTD: I used to guide a bit, so I'm used to being out in crappy weather. I think the worst was just last year, though, with the tornado that destroyed the next town over. We had the kids at school hunkered down right at dismissal on a Friday and it just missed us to the north. I went out on Sunday to help clean up and that place was just leveled. I've never seen anything like it.