Trailer Trash

Tuesdailies (Read 36 times)

jonferg67

Endless trails

QOTD: I hope to finish a 5k

All you guys with your 100 milers and 14ers and travelling the globe looking for difficult trails to run are just plain crazy.  A nice subtle 5k with no elevation changes is where it is at! Keep it simple people!

Lofty goal, Jamie, barefoot right?

moonlightrunner

No run today yet. I am going to warm up with some mowing. I want to do 8 out at the state park later. Not sure I am taking The Pointer...it is pretty hot and muggy...but then.. she will be soooo disappointed.

Qotd: I am not sure....because I need to see if I reach my 2013 goal. I feel like I have a lot to do...and not much time to do it in. I am going to try and out run old age.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Occasional Runner

Lofty goal, Jamie, barefoot right?

I ran the Leadville Beer Mile in my Luna Sandals. The first step toward my barefoot journey.

dpc3

I ran the Leadville Beer Mile in my Luna Sandals. The first step toward my barefoot journey.

No wonder it took you so long, I thought you could pound beer not be bothered with picking pebbles out from your toe cheese

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

15+ with 3000+ feet elevation gain. It was all and everything, from elating to pure misery. It was hot, temps in the lower 80's, and I went through all 90 oz. of drink during my run.

I ran most uphills, except for the insanely steep sections, and the downhills, trying to purposely trash my quads, but I just got tired, not sore. Then I got lost on some not-any-more-existent trail - I blame my map for that one. I had to fight my way through hundreds of spider webs all along the way, and they were really thick and disgusting on that lost trail. One big web after the other, every 3-4 steps a new tangle. I even had difficulty getting the webs off in the shower.

Enjoyed a nice break at a blacksmith museum at halfway, it's a local state park feature. Very interesting, they had pictures and the history outlined. It was once a thriving community (around a furnace), now it's in the middle of nowhere.

And then a real bathroom right there, with super-clean tile floors and walls, water flushing (automatic!), electric lighting, and an electric hand dryer. I was marveling at the accomplishments of modern technology once more. Usually, I'm happy if I find even just a plain porter potty somewhere, or use nature's bathrooms.

Now I have a rash on my forearms, I hope it's not poison ivy. I had to fight my way through a lot of overgrown brush, not unlikely to brush against some irritating plant there. I hope it will disappear soon.

Run for fun.

Birdwell

unscheduled rest day. stupid 16 hour work days.

QOTD: goals for 2014? two weeks off from work so we can visit family in British Columbia.

Oh, you meant running goals. 2014 may be the redemptive year 2013 was supposed to be, so most likely R2R2R, Trans-Zion, and now, Black Hills 50.

Occasional Runner

unscheduled rest day. stupid 16 hour work days.

QOTD: goals for 2014? two weeks off from work so we can visit family in British Columbia.

Oh, you meant running goals. 2014 may be the redemptive year 2013 was supposed to be, so most likely R2R2R, Trans-Zion, and now, Black Hills 50.

Keep me posted on Trans Zion. Its on my list too.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Keep me posted on Trans Zion. Its on my list too.

mine as well!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Occasional Runner

mine as well!

I have a lot of connections down there if we want to make a trip out of it.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I have a lot of connections down there if we want to make a trip out of it.

temp wise and low to no snow- probably mid-April thru mid-May??????

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Birdwell

temp wise and low to no snow- probably mid-April thru mid-May??????

You would probably be o.k. even through the end of may, depending on your heat tolerance (nothing over 80). Some of the stuff on top will have snow into June. I'll keep my eye on snow levels this winter and update as needed.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

^ sounds good, a group always needs someone slow enough to sweep right?- that would be me Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √