Trailer Trash

Blue Moon Saturdaily (Read 28 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

DD and I did a night run under the blue moon yesterday. It was beautiful, and we could even turn off the lights when there was no tree cover.

The first few miles were fun, but then I started to notice the effects of the double (I had done 6 miles in the afternoon already), and I had to struggle to keep up with DD.

Note to self: Slowing down is not a skill of a youngster.

About halfway through, three teenagers were sitting on a stone wall, and they startled me and DD by saying "Hi". However, I was not terribly surprised because already before passing that spot, I had had the inkling that there was someone would be there. Strange sixth sense, I guess.

Skipped my morning run because my youngest DS is having a bad cough, so he needs some pampering, and I'm ok with that, as I already have nice miles this week, and I'm off work tomorrow, too, so no rush.

Anyone racing this weekend?

Run for fun.

runtraildc

Morning trailers!  Got in just under 4 with the running group this am.  It was hot, and the sun came out halfway thru, making it even more fun.  But I needed group motivation this am and it worked.

ordered DS his first pair of trail shoes also-- cascadias, of course.  He likes minimal shoes, but I don't think they're great for his growing feet and running.  we'll see how this goes.

qotd:  No races this weekend, but I have a 7 miler trail race on Tuesday evening.  It's part of a evening race series in my hometown.  I haven't run in this park before, but I expect easier, though rolling, hills than I run here.  and I'm looking  forward to it, despite my poor running lately.

Have a good day, folks!

Queen of Nothing

Sue

4.5 on a gnarly jeep trail..although no one was on it tiday it's amazing watching these guys jeepibg it.  Guess we are getting omd....past put at 9 pm while ithers oartied yntil 4am...  AT I'd say average age is 35 exluding the kids..lot's of families.the people next to us ate having a wedding at 1pM.  Oh my run took about an hour and 1/2 so more like a hike.  I found a Remington hubting knife.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

muppy

6.2 Road miles last night.Humidity was not too bad and  a nice breeze so it was  quite nice out!

QOTD no races for me. RuntrailDC that week night trail race series seems like that would be great.  I wish they would have something like that around here in Pennsylvania.  ( I have the privilege of working every weekend)

AT-runner

Tim

Went for a nice walk in the moonlight last night. Then DW and I ran 14 miles this am in the woods.  Several trails had brand new signs posted and a trail I've run for maybe 10 years is called "Camp Trail".  Who knew.  It's not even blazed, so I never knew it had a name.

QOTD:  What is this racing thing that you speak of?  I feel like I'm currently a jogger, or "yogger" I'm not sure of the pronunciation.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Muppy, in central PA there's the Tussey Mountainback Discovery Series on Thursday evenings. It starts on 8/27, and time is usually 6 pm. They run individual legs of the Mountainback 50 mile course. Not a race, but fun meeting new people and running together.

AT: slogger is a pretty accurate description of me these days. Need. More. Speedwork!

Run for fun.

NHLA

11 miles  Estatoe trail.  Three miles easy-Five miles hard-Three miles easy. Perfect weather.  60-80 degrees!!!

I need to send app. in for shut in trail race.  I have run the trail but never the race. Its a point to point 15+ mile race all uphill.

Gator eye

I started out at 4:30 this am to run under the blue moon, it was nice and bright but I didn't see any blue. This mornings run was my last long run, I'm ready for a little taper time.

QOTD: I got two races yet this year, one this month and one next then I'm going into jogger mode for awhile.

some call me Tim

Wow, I'm jealous of all of the night running. I just didn't have the energy... spent hours beating the property into shape for my youngest's 5th birthday party and got a slow 8 miles in with a friend this am on trails I don't usually run, then a whole lot more manual labor. This afternoon my butt was sufficiently kicked and I passed out on the couch. Hopefully this bodes well for tomorrow's LR.

Hope ya kicked butt out there, Warden!

LB2

I went between 20 and 21 this morning in 3:43. It could be a little more smooth, but I was happy with it.

QOTD: I don't have a race until November.

LB2