Trailer Trash

How to get lost - again. Don't try this at home! (Read 59 times)

NorthernHarrier

Oh those legs look brutal. Hope you cleaned them and got some sort of disinfectant on them. Watch for infections over the next few days. Nasty looking.

Glad in the end you are OK.  Funny what you think of in those situations.  Whew!

Daydreamer1

So just when I plan a exploration run you have to post about getting lost and mauled by a bunch of briars Dead.

There are a few trails that I've been wanting to explore so next week I'm planning on that. But I don't think I'll get lost quite like this. Most of them will be used for the Dam Full Marathon so some recent maintenance will have been done, but I think I'll add my compass to my pack just in case i get turned around.

And I don't think you would have had to worry about the bears, they wouldn't have been crazy enough to crawl through the briars like that Big grin.

But congratulations on persevering and  finding a way out, that's what extreme trail running is all about!!!!  This was probably the most interesting run report I've read for a while.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

jbyram: Itch, and sting! It's the "hoping" that it will get better "soon" that always gets me in trouble. Clown If I considered some things "hopeless" earlier on, I'd back out sooner, and not get into those pickling situations.

mecrowe: Prepared, and also mentally prepared for such things to happen. It took a while before I could accept that it might end up as a search and rescue adventure, and once I had seriously considered this possibility, I could think more clearly, and move on.

Harrier: Yes, I cleaned them up (washing with soap was not comfortable, but not as bad as expected), put some antibiotic creme on the worst scratches, and some "healing" cream (it's German, and I have used it since I was a kid, it helps Approve) on the rest, and it's much better today.

Thanks to the pharmaceutical industry for Tylenol, it helped me get through my work day (on my feet for many hours, in long pants - scratchy scratch!) today!

DD1: The bad news is that there is no "point" when you recognize that you should turn back, and it's still possible. What got me in trouble was that I thought I'd hit the rigde trail "soon", that the briars would end "soon", and when I realized this was not going to be so easy, it was too late to get back again. Maybe not being tough, and turning around after 2 or 3 prickerbushes is the better option - safer for sure!

Run for fun.

AT-runner

Tim

Those leg pics are nuts, Couch.  I think you're ready for the Barkley now.

I was thinking the same thing.

Hope you heal up quickly.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mecrowe

Computer Geek

I think you have great looking legs, couch  Big grin

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I think you have great looking legs, couch  Big grin

I take that as a compliment.

Hey, I didn't want to show them off. Just look at the scratches, not the shape!

(But thanks, that's so flattering... Wink Wink

Run for fun.

Chnaiur

What a story! Thanks for the leg pics - every time I consider packing a bit less safety equipment I will think of them. It is great that we sometimes can have others make the mistakes that we learn from.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

+1

Holy cow

**Ask me about streaking**

Sandy-2

I was also thinking the same thing !!!

(Note to self...  stay on wide paths when running with FTYC.)

tbd.

fimmx

Speechless! Wow. Glad you made it back ok.

aplodder

Susan

Wow-you are tough!  I would have turned back at the first briar patch.  Glad you made it out safely.  Your story strengthens my resolve to stick to the easy to follow local mountain bike trails and well-marked trails of races.  I admire your trail skills.  Also, those legs-OUCH!