Trailer Trash

Where the heck is the Thursdaily (Read 32 times)

I will likely go out for my last run before the 50k tonight. I usually enjoy 2 rest days prior to race day. Should be about 4 miles. Things are looking rainy here for the next few days, so trails will likely be muddy. Though Sunday is supposed to be beautiful and much cooler than today so I can't complain.

QOTD:

Doh! - Every time I go out in the heat without my inhaler, and have an asthma attack. It's happened a few times already this spring.

Duh - When I bought Brooks Pureflows and wore them for a week straight, then wondered why I was having achilles pain. DUH.

Occasional Runner

I will likely go out for my last run before the 50k tonight. I usually enjoy 2 rest days prior to race day. Should be about 4 miles. Things are looking rainy here for the next few days, so trails will likely be muddy. Though Sunday is supposed to be beautiful and much cooler than today so I can't complain.

The Dirty German! You're going to be on a fair amount of paved bike path in that race. The upper trail, near the entrance, will not be very muddy. It drains pretty well because it's sandy. The rest of the trails will be a bit mucky if you get rain and there is a creek and swampy section right before you get to the finish line that will be nasty if it rains a lot.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

6.5 miles in the hills, it's surprising drier than I thought w/ all the recent moisture- I'm sure the 40 mph winds have something to do w/ that

qotd: morning runs I often leave something behind, afternoon and evenings the problem is much less pronounced, this past winter I ran in some weather that probably qualified as stupid Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Checking in late, just came back from a wonderful trail run in the mountains. It was hot and humid, and I was hungry (I had breakfast at 6 am and started out at 1 pm, without a snack - call that a duh! moment), but made it running all the uphills anyway.

At an intersection, I decided to take the downhill trail, just to go uphill the next trail over again, to get in some extra vert ft, when I thought that the hissing sound that just started was maybe a bit different from your usual ziccada sound. Why again did it just sound so strangely familiar...

Then I saw a black rattle just on the downhill trail, less than 6 feet from me. I stopped dead in my tracks. My eyes followed the body of the light brown snake with the zigzag pattern (hardly discernible against the background of dry grass, rocks and leaves) until they discovered the head - less than 3 feet from my leg. Neck just curling back getting ready to strike - oops. Maybe not the downhill trail just now...

The snake continued to rattle until I was maybe 20 feet away and disappearing behind some logs, so I am sure it followed me with its eyes. Glad it was a rattler, and that it was polite enough to announce its presence!

I continued my run, saw several of those thick, black, long centipedes, but otherwise uneventful. Just enjoyable trailing over the hills.

QOTD: Yes, when I feel just so weak on the uphills, then remember that I started after noon, and had not had anything to eat since 6 in the morning - duh!

Run for fun.

Uh oh... now what?

Back on the island after four days in Victoria, B.C.  Forty minutes this morning near one of those humongous

cruise liners.  Trails will be nice to feel again tomorrow.

Duh?

Underestimating how long until dark, again.

Convincing someone that "this" is the right way.

Going back to find the fanny pack if I can find the porta bush

Running in shoes with no insoles because...

Surely do wish it was a short(er) list.