Trailer Trash

Thoughts and prayers toward Connecticut (Read 168 times)

Uh oh... now what?

My attacking dogs, sniffling nose, and problems with what to buy for whom

just shrunk infinitesimally.  I try not to even read the news during the day

because of the violence.

Our thoughts and prayers are directed toward Connecticut.

John Morelock

Coupeville, Washington

Trail Monster

I know. As a parent this just horrified me and broke my heart. Thoughts and prayers to everyone affected.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

KreegSauceRuns

I decided to take a vacation day from work today.  I sat down to eat lunch and saw the news.  I couldn't believe how mean someone could be and all the innocent kids.  I have a nephew in kindergarten and thought about what if it had happened to him.  My baby is not even 10 months old.  And I can't imagine if this were to happen to her.  I dropped what I was eating and headed out the door to pick her up at daycare early just so I could spend the afternoon with her.  She had no idea what was going on the world.  Has no cares whatsoever.  But I just wanted to be with her, hold her, while I can.

Thoughts and prayers go out to the entire community in CT and especially to those parents who don't have a child to put to bed tonight, and who won't see a glowing face on Christmas morning.  So sad.

1/8/22 - Frosty 50k - 5:21:19 (strava)

3/26/22 - Blackbeard's Revenge 100 - 27:27:06 (strava)

9/30/22 - Yeti 100 - Abingdon, VA - 25:46:01 (strava)

4/1/23 - Umstead 100 - Raleigh, NC

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I could not believe it when I read the news. Tears ran down my cheeks when I imagined something like this could happen to my own kids.

And the school had all the security measures in place!

My thoughts go out to the families who have lost a loved one!

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

+1.  There are no words.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Queen of Nothing

Sue

+1.  There are no words.

What Sandy said. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Wow. Sad   I've been tied up all day and usually check forums before news when I'm home, so I was clueless what you were talking about until I went to a news page. Spooky.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog

Horrible news--my heart goes out to all the parents, friends, and schoolmates. John's right--when something like this happens, it puts all the little problems in perspective.