Trailer Trash

My accident - brief update (Read 76 times)

charlesmoman

I am at Columbus Regional Rehab. I am a severely injured trail runner, with a strong mindset. because I was prepping for a 100-miler, I have been killing my core, arms, shoulders, etc. plus tons of hours on my feet. I was ready  - I would have finished.  Little did I know, I was training for a T-bone accident with critical and near death injuries. I have a long road ahead - more continued pain and work, but I will recover fully. Thank you so much for your love and concern. I may be home by Thursday after the mods are ready. Then a long rehab with my eye on the prize. Thank you Jesus for your mercy.

runtraildc

Hi Charles!  What a terrible accident!  and so glad to hear that you'll soon be home and focusing on rehab.  Many thoughts and prayers heading your way in these months ahead.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Hi Charles. I don't think we've met though I was at NC 24 last fall as well. Hoping and wishing you a speedy and complete recovery.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Occasional Runner

I hope you have a swift and full recovery. Good luck and keep us posted.

Glad to hear you are on the mend. Good luck with recovery!

AT-runner

Tim

Good luck with the recovery, Charles.  I sent you a message via FB, and as I said in that message, I lost my Dad in a T-bone accident 12 years ago when the other person ran a stop sign at a high rate of speed.  You will heal, and you will run again!

Prayers for speedy healing.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

muppy

Hoping you have a fast and healthy recovery, seems like you already have a positive attitude which helps a lot!

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Thanks for updating us.  I am praying for a speedy recovery.  Apparently this wasn't your time for the 100.  Would love to see you recover and attempt that again.  But if not, thank God you are ok and have a great attitude about the road ahead of you.  Keep us updated.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Glad you checked in and are starting your road to recovery.

**Ask me about streaking**

Sandy-2

Little did I know, I was training for a T-bone accident ...  

I'll bet your extreme fitness was a huge factor surviving the accident.  We've never met, but so sorry....  here's hoping for a speedy recovery and getting back to those trails sooner rather than later.  Let us know how you are doing.

Take care.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

jonferg67

Endless trails

Thank you for checking in. Glad to hear you are ok and recovery is your new training plan.

Gator eye

It disturbs me some days how fast plans and goals can change, in the wink of a eye.

Hoping you have a speedy recovery.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Hoping for a speedy recovery for you...I think your high level of fitness will help.  You never know what we are training for in life.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

I am glad you survived. I hope your recovery is quick.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

You never know what we are training for in life.

Sue, that is so true.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!