Trailer Trash

TRX training, anyone? (Read 47 times)

Watoni

Has anyone tried TRX suspension training? I am looking for a home solution and this seems very compact, I can take it outdoors, etc.

Need to get some good core work in, since i think I have only run/biked for the past XXXX years

AT-runner

Tim

My DW is a fitness instructor and personal trainer, and her gym just bought TRX units for their Boot Camps.  She says they are well made and the class seems to love the work out.

edit - They use Jungle Gym XT from Lifeline.  She said they got better deal on the Jungle Gym system but did look at TRX.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

I'm not familiar with the TRX suspension system, but here is my philosophy.

The best training system is one that is used. If it doesn't get used it doesn't help.  I have a Total Gym and it works well for me; when I use it. Overall I think that any type of system that looks good and doesn't promise easy results will work. It depends on what type of workouts you like. This system looks interesting to me because some of the exercises are along the same line as I do on my Total Gym and on the one weight machine at the gym I go to.

I'm kind of in the same boat that you are, I need the core work. I was thinking about doing some of the Insanity exercises for a better balanced body. Of course I'm going to go the cheap route and just watch some you tube videos rather then buy the DVDs.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

If you are looking for a cheap route (like me) check out this workout from the website that will remain nameless.

Iron Strength

I'm building up to being able to do the 5-6 minutes of each "super set" prescribed.  It kicks my ass pretty consistently.  If nothing else, it has a lot of good runner specific body weight exercises.  Worth a look IMO.

Oh, and if you want a list of the exercises don't bother writing them down...pm me and I'll send you mine.

**Ask me about streaking**

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

I use a TRX pretty regularly.  It's a pretty sturdy system.  I like the workouts.  It's adaptable and compact.  I've traveled with it a few times without any problem.  I've used it indoors and out.  I just find it a lot of fun to use.  And I can get a pretty good workout in with it as well.

At home I've got my tied off to an Iron Gym which works pretty well.  Outside I've tied it off to tree branches, jungle gyms and swing sets.

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.

GoRunDad

I use a TRX pretty regularly.  It's a pretty sturdy system.  I like the workouts.  It's adaptable and compact.  I've traveled with it a few times without any problem.  I've used it indoors and out.  I just find it a lot of fun to use.  And I can get a pretty good workout in with it as well.

At home I've got my tied off to an Iron Gym which works pretty well.  Outside I've tied it off to tree branches, jungle gyms and swing sets.

Do you have a particular routine that you do with TRX?

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

If you are looking for a cheap route (like me) check out this workout from the website that will remain nameless.

Iron Strength

I'm building up to being able to do the 5-6 minutes of each "super set" prescribed.  It kicks my ass pretty consistently.  If nothing else, it has a lot of good runner specific body weight exercises.  Worth a look IMO.

Oh, and if you want a list of the exercises don't bother writing them down...pm me and I'll send you mine.

that's a pretty good workout, I'm going to have to give that one a go Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

Do you have a particular routine that you do with TRX?

The package came with a DVD containing a "beginner workout". I did that for a while and then started mixing in other exercises I found along with modifying some of the beginner exercises. There are workouts online that can be used. There were also a couple workout descriptions included that outline routines.  Mix and match any of the above will give you a good workout.

Even doing the beginner workout now it still kicks my ass.

I enjoy using it. It works well for me.

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.