Trailer Trash

Wintry Wednesday (Read 275 times)

Ultra Cowboy

Seldom does it get cold enough to need more than a pair of cotton "roper's" gloves like NH described.  They fit either hand, and I won't be heartbroken if I have to sacrifice one to a bear attack.

I have an easy 4 miler scheduled for tonight.

WYBMADIITY

Save

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Although I'm verrry sleep deprived from the past two late nights, I'm planning 6 miles and pilates after work today. Should definitely wake me up.

QOTD:  I lost my Nike running gloves I used to wear, so I've been wearing my snowboarding glove liners as my running gloves, which have actually worked great.  I just got a pair of Mountain Hardwear gloves for Christmas that are reallly warm. Haven't used them in really cold temps yet, but I'm confident they will be warm.

Scrapster

4.7 jog/walk trail miles with a friend.  Nice way to break up an office day.  Smile

QOTD:  Depends on the weather.  Gloves for warmer days, wool flip mittens for the super-cold days.

XtremeTaper

A rather slow 6.7 miles on the road at lunchtime. Very mild. No gloves needed for a January run.

QOTD: Gloves.  I use cheapo cotton ones when it's in the 40's and I feel like I need gloves but below that I have some warmer pairs but not sure of the brand. Never tried mittens. It just doesn't sound manly. Oh, look at XT running around with his cute running mittens. He is so hardcore.  Big grin

In dog beers, I've only had one.

tjrun

I had a mudfest on the trails yesterday, but, boy was it fun.  Creeks were way up, and I even fell in up to my shoulders once while crossing one.  Thank goodness it was 60* or I"d have frozen.  Only made it about 3 miles before it got dark.

I don't know why everyone doesn't trail run.

6 this morning @ 5:30am, melting snow did the re freeze so had some ice patches.

qotd: gloves above 20deg, wool mittens below 20.

Scrapster

Oh, look at XT running around with his cute running mittens. He is so hardcore.  Big grin

XT - Just get some to match those arm panties that SuePM made for you on the old forum.  LOL.

NorthernHarrier

XT - Just get some to match those arm panties that SuePM made for you on the old forum.  LOL.

Big grin

runtraildc

Oh, look at XT running around with his cute running mittens. He is so hardcore.  Big grin

Or, you could get these....much more manly.   Handerpants

XtremeTaper

Sweet... Sue's were more colorful though.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-HKU0QGaEYnc/Tb6oZf9LV7I/AAAAAAAAAg0/sMCnmmlxj_c/s500/Dave%2520at%2520steamtown2008%2520Haha2.JPG?gl=US

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Pink mittens are manly, right?

Running is dumb.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

It may look a bit out of place in a road marathon, but isn't it perfectly ok on the trails?

Might even scare away the wild hogs...

Run for fun.

XtremeTaper

Nice.!! pink, fuchsia, safety salmon... all very manly.

Scrapster

Hawt!  That's some good work, Mandy.

XtremeTaper

It may look a bit out of place in a road marathon, but isn't it perfectly ok on the trails?

Might even scare away the wild hogs...

I'm pretty sure  wild hogs would want no part of the scary dude in blue arm panties and pink mittens... then again, they might attack just to rid the earth of such a sight.