Trailer Trash

Race day nutrition! (Read 43 times)

Birdwell

Yeah, I can't make that lace. I just got off work at 4, and it's 313 miles from my house to Ogden, and my car won't go over 115 mph, and they're doing construction around Beaver and in Utah County and my wife would kill me (literally) if I leave her alone with the baby and kids tonight. But if it weren't for that, I'd totally be there.

If you'd stop being so modest and start promoting yourself a little more, we wouldn't have these problems.

Also, if they're recording it, turn it into a podcast so I can listen to it on my next long run.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I suffered several times (R2R2R, several 50k's)  w/ really bad nausea- I think I may have fixed the problem though- I was using Perpetuem at the mix rate Hammer suggested, someone (maybe someone here???) suggested cutting it in half.  My next 50k, by far the toughest one I've run, I did just that and never had any nausea.  It cut the calories obviously and but I just consumed a few more blocks, bars, aid station food along the way.

Hoping that wasn't a fluke and that I'm more dialed in now.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

It might have been me who suggested diluting the Perpetuem, it works for me, too. I also use Perpetuem side by side wit the Sustained Energy, usually alternating, using 1 scoop of Perpetuem in a 22 oz-bottle, and 2 scoops of Sustained Energy in each of the next two 22-oz-bottles. Race day nutrition is complex, I agree with Kelly, and what works once may throw you off the next time. I use long runs also to figure out how to fix it if things go awry.

Run for fun.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

It might have been me who suggested diluting the Perpetuem, it works for me, too.

well a big thank you Smile  nausea sucks big time!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

Low O2:

I want to hear about that longer race. If this Tailwind works for me, I will be so happy. It seems too simple. But I am going to try it on a long run tomorrow. I can't wait.

LB2