Trailer Trash

2014 100-milers thread -- yes/no? (Read 47 times)

With only two months left to 2013 I figured it's time to start the 2014 100-milers thread, unless y'all decide it's not necessary.  (In the case of lace_up, it really isn't; he's running 'em all!) Big grin

Anyhoo, I'd be happy to keep up the list; just need to get it stickied.  Let me know what you think!

Occasional Runner

It can't hurt but it's up to you. If you feel like doing the work, that would be great. I don't know how many of us are running 100's next year or how many care about it.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I'm not planning any 100s next year, nor ever as far as I can see now, but I'd like to know what others are planning.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

<hic> I just signed up for my first 100-miler of 2014 <hic> Better start the thread Big grin

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

EDRW, I can sticky this thread or you can modify your original one or we can sticky a different one when 2014 actually rolls around.  Voters choice!

Running is dumb.

Watoni

That would be great. I need to see what lotteries I get into, though Wink

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Yes! I'm always interested in you guys' endeavors, and I'm signed up for at least one 100-miler (ES100).

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

May as well.  I'll let you know the plans....  as soon as I figure it out.

tbd.

EDRW, I can sticky this thread or you can modify your original one or we can sticky a different one when 2014 actually rolls around.  Voters choice!

I have modified the other one, but think we should start a new one (which I'll do right now).  Then you can sticky that one!

Watoni

Hey, how about some advice while we are at it?

Tentative as of now:

Zion

Tahoe Rim Trail or Western States (lottery in both cases) -- maybe Lavaredo Ultra Trail

Pine to Palm

Bear (running or pacing)

Occasional Runner

Hey, how about some advice while we are at it?

Tentative as of now:

Zion

Tahoe Rim Trail or Western States (lottery in both cases) -- maybe Lavaredo Ultra Trail

Pine to Palm

Bear (running or pacing)

They're ALL hard.

Watoni

They're ALL hard.

Agreed. I am looking for a schedule with 4+ cool 100s, with enough recovery for mortals to do ok in each. Late summer early fall has the glut of 100s, CA falls down and has no good January-March 100s.

Zion looks like a great race and is early April, so I can likely do Lake Sonoma as well or Devil Mountain Double (cycling).

WS is the one CA point to point Norcal race -- unfortunately it is the one race everyone wants to do ... TRT is less technical and a 2x 50 mile loop, which is less attractive. I would rather do Lavaredo Ultra Trail if WS does not work out. The Dolomites are amazing. A day or two in Cortina, then a week in Voels -- http://hotelturm.it/

Then, both Pine to Palm and the Bear would be great ... they are close together, though.

These two speak to me more than Run Rabbit Run, which i would do if it were in July/August ... If I get into UTMB, then I need to consider September, but I think I would still do one of the September 100s in the US

LB2

I say yes.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

With only two months left to 2013 I figured it's time to start the 2014 100-milers thread, unless y'all decide it's not necessary.  (In the case of lace_up, it really isn't; he's running 'em all!) Big grin

Anyhoo, I'd be happy to keep up the list; just need to get it stickied.  Let me know what you think!

sure why not.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday