Trailer Trash

Ely, NV (Read 40 times)

dpc3

Heading out towards Ely, NV anyone know the area? Humboldt National Forest is in the area might check that out and go for a run or maybe just fish.

Low_O2 road trip?

valerienv

Thread killer ..

I love Ely !  Fishing and trails at Cave Lake . It's not really all that far to Great Basin Nat'l Park . The Hotel Nevada is a really fun place to stay . Most of Nevada is public land so you could just park anywhere that looks good and run .

National Forest here is still desert

Uh oh... now what?

Get on up to Great Basin.

Run the trail from the upper campground down to the lower, turn around go back--upper is around 10,600?

Run in the bristle cone groves.

Stay up there for the meteor showers.

Birdwell

+1 to Great Basin NP. Check out Lehman caves and Wheeler Peak.

Low_O2

Low_O2 road trip?

Maybe swing by the Grand Canyon for a crossing or two? That would be tempting.... But don't think I can join you. Sad Have fun!

Chnaiur

Great Basin looks awesome! Is there an airport closer than SLC?

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Birdwell

Great Basin looks awesome! Is there an airport closer than SLC?

You could fly into Vegas as well. either way, it's a few hours in the car.

dpc3

Photos from my trip

Yellow Dog

Ultra Cowboy

Northern Nevada is neat.  The Ely area is known for record breaking elk and mule deer.  Unfortunately the proliferation of juniper has really impacted the area.  The closest I have been is Wells, but someday I will get through there.

I'd encourage you to check out the Ruby mountains sometime.  Lamoille to Harrison Pass is on my bucket list.

WYBMADIITY

Save

dpc3

Northern Nevada is neat.  The Ely area is known for record breaking elk and mule deer.  Unfortunately the proliferation of juniper has really impacted the area.  The closest I have been is Wells, but someday I will get through there.

I'd encourage you to check out the Ruby mountains sometime.  Lamoille to Harrison Pass is on my bucket list.

The Ruby Mountains are next on the list of places to visit in NV, probably next Sept for opener of Grouse season.

Ultra Cowboy

The Ruby Mountains are next on the list of places to visit in NV, probably next Sept for opener of Grouse season.

Himalayan Snowcock in Ruby Mountains

More info about the species from Nevada DOW

WYBMADIITY

Save