Trailer Trash

VeteransDaydaily (Read 35 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers  Happy Veteran's Day and a big thanks to all who are serving and have served!

strength training today and more house hunting Smile  we've made it a priority that our new home will be within spitting distance of the wonderful trail system in Helena and we've found out that you have to pay for that little privilege Big grin

qotd: did you or someone you closely know serve in the military?  I served four years, my brother served twenty years and my Dad four- all in the Air Force

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

muppy

Got in 5 last night, winds were 40+ mph, was actually quite fun! Hit the gym tonight for weights.

QOTD My dad served in the Air Force.

I never served, after high school I thought my life would be better off following the Grateful Dead around!

LB2

I think I will hit it for 10 today, but I don't know exactly where: country road and trail for an out and back 10 miler, or five two mile loops on the trails around the house.

QOTD: Yes. I was in the Marines.

LB2

Chnaiur

3 miles and deadlifts today.

QOTD: I did my military service for 1.5 years as an Arctic Ranger in Sweden.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hopefully either 5 or 6 miles this afternoon, didn't feel like getting my ass out of bed this morning at 4:30.

QOTD: My cousin served in the Air Force, I think before 9/11 so she didn't get sent overseas, she went in right out of college. My Great-Grandfather (deceased) served, but I didn't get to hear any stories from him as I was really young and he really couldn't speak too much during the last few years of his life.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Gator eye

Rest day

QOTD: 6 years in the Marines

Sandy-2

SRD for me today.

qotd: I was in the Navy reserves for a few years, it is a special merchant marine arrangement between the Navy and comercial shipping.  Sort of like the arrangements the Air Force has with commercail airlines.  Anyway, my little bit of reservice duty doesn't really count as serving in my book and certainly not Vet Status.  My dad was in the Navy just after WW2, he used to fly airplanes off of aircraft carriers - kinda cool.

tbd.

Wandering Wally

Resting today.  Got 10 in yesterday and 7 on Saturday.

QOTD - My grandfather served in the Navy in WW2.  His ship (battleship USS California) was sunk at Pearl Harbor, raised, taken to Bremerton, refitted and rejoined the war effort.  My great uncle was in the Army in WW2 and served in Italy.  My wife's grandfather was in the Army Air Force in WW2.  He flew in B-24's with the 90th Bomber Group, 320th Squadron (Jolly Rogers) stationed out of New Guinea.  I have an uncle who was in the Army in Vietnam and a cousin in who was in the Air Force during Desert Storm.  Going way back on my dad's side, I have a relative who was at the battle of Antietam in the Civil War and was the only member of his unit to survive.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Ten miles for the pooch and me today.  We started by star light, but it got light quickly.

QOTD: I did not serve in the military.  Two of my brothers were in the Navy as was an uncle.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Daydreamer1

Just got back in from a 4.8 mile run. Had my fastest short run time of the year. Now back to studying for a chemistry test tonight. It's not going as well as I would like it to be. Dead.

QOTD: My dad served 4 years in regular Air Force then 2 years in the reserves. DS is now in the Pa Air Guard. I never served, something I regret immensely.

jonferg67

Endless trails

I did 7.5 trail miles this afternoon, my achilies still isn't 100% but I

can get through about 6 or so miles without it acting up-I'll call that

'active recovery'. Weather was great, shorts and short sleeve shirt. I

just realized the other day that we got through hurricane season without

any problems this year, maybe we're in for a mild winter too.

QOTD: My grandfather did some time in the Army during WW2, I was in

the Coast Guard for 20 years.

AT-runner

Tim

Short run a lunch today on the road.

QOTD:  I did not serve.  Many relatives including a great uncle who was a Naval gunner's mate during D-Day.  He had great stories.  Also had a great aunt who was one of the original Radio City Music Hall Rockettes and then toured with the USO.  Her stories were better.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Running as I feel this week and today I felt like running about 7 miles.

QOTD: my grandfather served in WWI, my father in WWII, my uncle in the Korean War. I served in the army stateside post-Vietnam era for 2.5 years, though in the strange world of politics I'm considered a Vietnam Era veteran because of my date of enlistment.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Watoni

Probably SRD or a quick ride today ... plus, I do not have the day off

QOTD: Relatives, but not me

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

A short progressive run to wake my legs up. 4.3 miles, (2.3 with Weston) 40 *F
                                14.23, 12.51, 11.24, 9.58 (Last .3 at 8:30)
                                Bought six different headlamps yesterday to find a good match for the race.

4 miles left to go.

QOTD:  My Dad served just out of high school, sad to say I can't remember what branch, though he never went overseas.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16