Trailer Trash

Happy Humpdaily (Read 25 times)

Occasional Runner

I got in a 6 mile trail run with the puppy this morning. She vanished during the run and about the time I noticed, I heard her barking on top the ridge behind me. She was gone for quite a while chasing some kind of animal. Sometimes I wish she had a GoPro mounted on her head so I could see all the things she sees on our runs.

QOTD: What staples do you always have on hand in the kitchen?

Beer, obviously, but we always have to have eggs, fruit, veggies and jars of Jalapenos. Theses items are the cornerstone of my diet.

LB2

I had a really solid hill workout yesterday, not too easy, not too hard. I plan on 5 or 6 easy miles today after work. I am sort of planning my strategy for Saturday's 50 miler. And here it is: Run easy for 20, run a little harder for 20, and see what I have left for the last 10. I'll try to roll that over to the 100 miler on November 1 with: run easy for 40, run a little harder for 40, and see what happens on the last 20.

QOTD: Peanut butter, Nutella, grits, eggs, pasta, cheese, and milk. I also rarely run out of beer. Normally, it is good beer. This has changed since I started running. Before I ran, I rarely drank beer at all. My wife commented the other day that, "You did not drink beer very often before we got married."

I replied, "Repeat that statement, and then reflect on it..." She threw something, but it missed.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Will get out this evening for a 6 mile-ish run, my run yesterday felt a little flat, but I peeked at my watch and saw I was actually making pretty good time, good enough I shot at breaking my PR on this loop- so I really kicked it in gear, missed it by a minute when it was all done, but turned it in to a great run Big grin

qotd: always milk, greek yogurt (smoothies), bananas, berries, Costco granola and usually a six pack of some variety of Leinenkugel Smile  hopefully a freezer full of elk meat this fall

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

Ran 7 miles last night on the "easy/red" trails at Green Lane. The leashless beast was along of course. Just putzed around as I ran a bit fast on Monday (well, fast for me) so I took that as a reason to take it easy. Still near the end I decided I wanted to get in under 70 for the loop so picked it up just a smidgeon. The trailhead parking lot was full when I finished up. Seems folks are getting out to enjoy the last few weeks of evening light.

QOTD: Beer, bananas, fruit, milk, yogurt, eggs, milk, bread, cheese, and bacon.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Marley and I had another great 5 mile trail run.  It was another cool clear morning, great running weather.

QOTD:  I keep a pretty well stocked pantry so I wouldn't know where to start listing it all.  Usually no beer, but I NEVER run out of coffee!

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

DigDug2

6 this a.m. with strides.  Feeling good.

QOTD:  We have 5 kids between 8 and 15 that eat us out of house and home, so we buy 7 gallons of milk at a time and have two fridges stocked with fruit, yogurt, eggs, cheese, veggies, etc.  Always have bread, PBJ and pasta on hand.  Usually beer, almost always red wine, always coffee.

AT-runner

Tim

I ran the past 4 days, so SRD today.  Packing up for our trip for a wedding in to Jackson, WY.

QOTD:  Milk for my morning cereal, beer and srirahca.  DW always has something from her garden.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Heading out soon for another work related trip in southeastern PA.  Will make a slight detour for another run at VF national park.  Two weeks in a row now -- I am getting spoiled.

DD - 5 kids in that age range?? I thought we had it bad keeping food in the house.  Ouch!

QOTD: With three kids (all under 10) we have the typical kids stuff - milk, cheese, snacks, candy, yogurt.  I always have gatorade or powerade (it's all I drink and yes I know that's really not too healthy for me).  We almost never go without ice cream.  Lately we (myself and the kids) have been loving cheesecake.  Oh yeah we always have Nutella.

A side note - my 7 year old DS out eats me at most dinner meals.  The kid is a human garbage disposal.  Spaghetti (his fav) he will continue to eat plate after plate until we either cut him off or until we run out (usually the latter).  He is like me - stick thin.  When he was born, the doctor said he would be taller than me one day (I am 6' 4").  Looking at the way he eats and his enormous feet, I now believe it.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Didn't run yesterday but will run tonight after work.

QOTD:  Letttuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, chicken breast, salmon, salmon burgers, sharp cheddar, parmesan and blue cheese, milk, greek yogart, frozen berries,  vodka, beer, and wine.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

Easy 3 or 4 planned for tonight during DS's swim practice.   And then run off to see the 'Last Days of Vietnam' before it ends its run here in DC.  DH and his family was evacuated  from Saigon in those last days (his dad worked for the US embassy), so we expect it to be pretty interesting.

qotd:  We keep a pretty stocked pantry, but we never run out of sriracha, rice and coffee.

Watoni

Biking at lunch, maybe a run later in the afternoon .... hoping for a bigger run tomorrow am

QOTD: hard to say, but eggs, veggies, fruit, muesli, milk, various gelato basics (chocolate, simple syrup, vanilla beans), olive oil, salt, basque pepper, curry basics (tumeric, coriander, etc.), rice, cheese, garlic, shallots

Daydreamer1

SRD due to working a 24 hour shift.

QOTD: Eggs, Bread, Bananas, Milk, Yogurt, Peanut Butter, Mini Wheats, and Chocolate. Can't do without Chocolate.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

DD2: That's how it is in our house, too when one or both of the older kids come visit! Hard to keep the pantry and fridge stocked then.

11 fast miles over the hills, pure fun. Set a big PR without even consciously putting in a lot of effort. Some days I think I'm sun-propelled.

I hiked 7 with a friend from Austria yesterday, who came to visit. After the hike, we met up with my DH and had a fish-and-burger BBQ in the state park. Very enjoyable!

QOTD: Oatmeal, bagels, bread. I eat a lot of those. Anything else can be switched and substituted.

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

Did a pretty good 5 miler this morning.  A bit humid and foggy, but nice and cool.

qotd: Milk.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL