Trailer Trash

THE Thursdaily (Read 34 times)

Scrapster

Hey, Trail Peeps!

Squeezed in 3.1M between work and picking up kidlets.  Could have done more, had I planned my day better.  Grrr.

QOTD:  It all depends on the run.  No two are ever the same, though I tend to pretty consistently find a sweet spot between 13 and 20 and again at 28 or so to 35 in training runs.  

Watoni

9.3 or so at lunch (GPS gets lost in the redwoods -- trail map says 5 miles each way).

My favorite 2000 foot climb and descent:

http://app.strava.com/activities/39308395

Trail Monster

8.5 again. That seems to be the number of the week.

QOTD: Somewhere past halfway when I realize I'm going to complete a workout as planned. Then I get happy.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

XtremeTaper

The LadyB and I did 8.5 miles tonight on the rail trail. One of those just get out there and do it runs which is hard when you are not in a training mode. It was cold and blustery and my last run in Florida it was 100% warmer. The blustery wind was the worst but it was only in my face on the way out. Only 2 miles of darkness for this evening run. World keep turning.

QOTD: It varies but the consistent thing is the first mile or two is the worst as I'm warming up. Often times my favorite part of the run is route dependent. When racing I've experienced different things though. Road marathons, the early miles feel the best. Trail races, it depends on the distance. I've noticed in 50 milers I don't seem to feel energized until past 20 miles.

In dog beers, I've only had one.