Trailer Trash

Merry Mondailies (Read 33 times)

So many chores today... I managed to squeeze in about 4.5 miles on my backyard trails until I started hearing what sounded like a civil war reenactment going on on my neighbor's property.  We have a good relationship (they can hunt in my backyard as long as I can run in theirs, so long as nobody gets shot and I stay out of the way during hunting seasons.)  Nothing's in right now, so they must have been playing around, but I wasn't going to try and find out just to get a couple more miles in.

QOTD: If I run in the ANF or on SG lands near me, I rarely see anybody.  A stray hiker or two.  The rails to trails are more of a free for all - lots of dogs, lots of bikes, lots of people just wandering around.  I work an unconventional schedule so I'm rarely out on weekends and usually do most of my running weekday afternoons so maybe that's why.

Sandy-2

SRD Monday and Tuesday.  Flying home today for a 3 week visit, but I'll go in to the office some of the time and I have to attend a meeting so it doesn't count as vacation ;-)

qotd: I only see hikers. There are very few early in the morning, but later in the day there are lots of them. I did bump into a herd of mountain bikers once.  They were laying in a heap at the top when I ran by, then they passed me on one of the sweet flat parts in the upper meadow, but then I bombed past them again on the downhill because they were walking their bikes down the steep and very technical part. I suspect I won't be seeing them again.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

LB2

Monday was an SRD. My wife and I finished up Christmas shopping. I bought a bottle of whiskey.

QOTD: I never see other runners or bikers on my runs unless someone is running with me.

LB2

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Monday was an unscheduled day off.

QOTD: I rarely see bikers on the trails. I think I saw 3 the entire year. I'm more likely to see hikers in the state park, runners in the national park. I do see an occasional horseback rider in the national park.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.