Trailer Trash

I'm back... (Read 45 times)

Hello all,

Obviously I've been quite MIA from the boards this year. AT Runner kindly reached out to me right before my wedding to check in, which was greatly appreciated. Part of me was a little embarrassed to post here at all anymore since I dropped most of my trail and distance running this year in favor of much faster and shorter road running. Turns out that several months of low mileage have been pretty good to me, and my hunger for longer distance has returned.

Now that I'm married (whoo-hoo) and over the craziness of wedding planning, I'm re-examining my running goals for 2015. I feel like Laurel Highlands is calling my name since I wasn't able to run it in 2013 or 2014. Is anyone else planning to run it next year?

Anyway, just wanted to check in and say hi. Smile You'll probably see me around the dailies.

LB2

I was just talking about that run last night with a friend of mine. I'd like to do it, but I doubt I do it next year. Welcome back and congratulations on getting married.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

What, no wedding photo's!  

The dark side is tempting, but we eventually find our way back to the trails.

Someone asked me why I don't do shorter races anymore, and I replied "I don't like to breathe too hard".  They had no idea what I meant.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Welcome back, TnC!  And no need to feel any guilt.  We're all trail runners,but  not all racers or ultrarunners, and sometimes run on pavement (or treadmills), or even do other sports.

congrats on your marriage, too!

Oh, since AT asked, here is my blog post with tons of wedding photos:

http://trailsandcocktails.com/2014/10/16/our-wedding/

runtraildc - very good point.   I am realizing this more as I get older. Sometimes it's just too easy to get sucked into things via social media.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I'm glad that was only a temporary absence. Laurel Highlands is on my radar but it's only 2 weeks after Dawn to Dusk to Dawn. I think it's also the same weekend as Niagara-on-the-Lake 50K. Nice place to vacation, in ice wine country, but the race is on a paved trail to Niagara Falls and back.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Welcome back and congrats on the wedding...as long as you are a trail runner in spirit!  Beautiful wedding and looks like you had a lot of fun..

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Welcome back; congratulation to you and your husband!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Welcome back and congratulations. It looks like it was a lovely day.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Happy to have you back, TnC!  Your wedding looked absolutely beautiful!  Congrats!  Smile

Running is dumb.

Sandy-2

Mozel Tov !!!!!

I took a close look at the order of events, you know, I think you could have thrown in a quick run around the lake....

Welcome back.

tbd.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Congratulations on the wedding!

Welcome back, no need to feel guilty. Running endeavors and goals tend to change with the years, as running has to fit into our lives, not many of us have the opportunity to wrap their lives around their running.

I have been eyeing at Laurel Highlands, I might take a closer look.

Run for fun.