Trailer Trash

Sundailies (Read 26 times)

The pooch and I got out for a nice 4 mile trail run before the holiday weekend hiking/biking crowd hit the trails.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Occasional Runner

Doing a double today. I'm heading out soon for a 6 mile road run to the gym, then I'll do some circuit training while I'm there. A couple hours later, I plan to go into the Art Nord wilderness area and grab another 10 or so miles with my wife. The trails up there are just beginning to open up enough for some good running. It's also a great area for spotting moose.

moonlightrunner

Happy Sunday to all! It is beautiful here today...I hope you all have sunny skies and pleasant temps!

I ran a very nice hour and a half on a new trail ominously marked with survey stakes. I have the feeling there is more pavement in my future...like there isn't too much already.

Qotd: any special recipes for you celebration tomorrow? I am combining two new recipes for potato salad that involves bacon and a soft cheese yet to be determined... as a substitute for blue cheese (which my mom does not like).

Brian: nice running in your races yesterday! Good luck today as well.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!  Yesterday was my longest run (a mere 10 miles)- all went pretty well, still not able to stride out on the flats or downhills and my heel was sore after the run- it feels much better this morning   If all goes right, I'll have my first 30 mpw in over two months-planning on a 5-ish mile run in the hills later this morning

in other news- found out yesterday I got drawn for the Bridger Ridge Run in August, I'm hoping to be close to 100% by then and shaving close to an hour off of my time from 2012- I really got crushed by this run two years ago and am hoping for some redemption Smile

qotd: nothing too special, but am planning on grilled ribeyes, roasted olive oil potatoes and a caesar salad

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning folks,

I spent the morning climbing/running up to the fire tower in Beacon, NY, then running down, about 1600'. I had so

much fun running down, I grabbed some more water from the car and headed back up. Not nearly as much

elevation as some of you folks are used to, but great for me since I live in the flatlands. I was surprised how

quickly I adapted, I did a few miles up another hill on Saturday too. Great runs this weekend, I miss hill running

tremendously. Hopefully we can make a move to the area, but a few things really need to fall into place.

QOTD:  No recipes, tomorrow is a travel day.

LB2

I'll get out for a few hours in a few minutes. I am trying to do most of my long runs in the hottest part of the day. Heat is my weakest link, and I think the best way to make it better is to get out there in it rather than avoid it. I live in the wrong place to avoid heat.

QOTD: I have to work, so no. But I ain't doing much tomorrow; they can kiss my ass.

LB2

Sandy-2

20 rough miles this morning, between the tropical conditions and the jetlag I was toasted.  Grunted thru it though.  20 more on tap for tomorrow.

qotd: start grill, throw on hot dogs, grill buns, add mustard and eat.

tbd.

LB2

That hot run went much better than expected. If I was off tomorrow, I would run another 20.

LB2