Trailer Trash

Ski Saturdaily (Read 29 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Reporting back again after a few days of absence. I was just too busy to post here, or even only read.

I was even too busy to check the results of the Massanutten 100 lottery, but this morning, I found out I am place 53 on the wait list. I am not sure what that means, their wait list has 88 people on it, but as the number of starters is limited to 208, and the regular entry list already has 275 runners listed, I don't think my chances of running the race are very high. Nonetheless, miracles can still happen, and I am working toward that distance to be ready in May.

Getting ready to head out into the cold with some wind chill, and maybe go skiing with the kids in the afternoon. They are some tough skiers, braving the freezing rain for 2+ hours last Thursday, and still having fun all along. After they were done, I parked them in the lodge with some snacks, and I went onto the more advanced slopes for some moogles and deep powder.

QOTD: If you've had any new year's resolutions, how are they coming along?

I haven't had any resolutions, but I have to admit that this winter, it's hard for me to keep up with the running in the cold and the snow and ice. Normally around this time of year, I fully enjoy the winter runs and snowboard hikes, but not this year. No idea why - too much skiing?

Run for fun.

hog4life

16.3 LR with Bella on a combined roads and hard packed dirt.

QOTD, not so much a resolution, but just trying to loose a few pounds. Started the first of year about 173, weight this morning was 164, so I'm making progress.

runtraildc

6 windy and chilly miles this morning with the running group.  A friend comes to my house, and we run over to the meeting spot.  It was a good way to keep on track this morning.   Not a scenic route, but not bad either.  I like running solo, but it;s a nice change of pace to run with others.  Legs felt like lead, though.

FYTC-- good luck on the wait list.  What's their history with pulling folks from the list?  If you need extra crew, let me know!

qotd:  After my end of year streak, I set out this year to break up patterns and try new things with my running (and cross training). Now thru March, I'm running less, though faster, and working on strength and flexibility.  I've been doing more yoga (though I really don't like it) and strength training.    But I'm seeing a difference already, which in it self is motivating..

Busy here too! It's been a week of super slow runs and my distance covered has been sad sad sad... Definitely the first time this winter where the conditions have been unsafe and I've had to compromise more than I like.

FTYC - I will keep my fingers crossed for you.  Here's hoping for a small miracle.  That sounds like an epic adventure.

My run club is supposed to head to Punsxy for a little road race tomorrow and some early Groundhog Day festivities, but it's looking like we're getting another huge snow dump so that might be out of the question.

QOTD - I am a resolution maniac.  Mostly I wanted to up my mileage this year (so far so good) and on an unrelated note declutter my home and office (which has also been going pretty well.) I can't believe it's already February!

Daydreamer1

Really wanted to get in a nice long run today. Not sure that's going to happen. DD's car isn't the best and she has been looking for a new one. DW found two for her that she might be interested in so it's off car shopping we go . I hate car shopping.  Maybe there will be enough time for a night run.

QOTD: It seems I remember making a resolution or two....... but I kind of forget if I did or what they were . So, if I did make some I've not been successful. I had set some weightlifting goals. In that regard I've been to the gym 3-4 times this month, so again, not very successful.

AT-runner

Tim

Got up early and ran 8 on the dreadmill.  Then went to a funeral for my office manager's mother who passed away last week.  It was 8 degrees out and windy, so I bagged the road run in favor of the mill.  Would have loved to have had time to get to the woods and run on snow packed trails, but that will have to wait for my Sunday run.

Couch - Good luck, hopefully you'll get in.  I have terrible luck with lotteries.

QOTD:  Didn't make any this year, so I haven't broken any yet.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Watoni

Well, the kids are skiing, one in Boreal and one in Kirkwood, so lots of driving for the bride and my one son (a couple hours a day) .... I am working at home for now.

Should get at least 6 miles in as a break later.

QOTD: Not well. Work/illness have left me ready to bag my first training race next weekend, which may have a domino effect for the whole season if 2014 is any guide

some call me Tim

3 on the treadmill today, testing the waters. Still a little soreness at the 5th metatarsal heads, but I was able to pick it up a little without issue.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

my 16 mile run was shortened to a 6 mile run, the trails are still a sheet of ice which is tolerable, but the wind really picked up and it isn't

qotd: my resolution was to not make any resolutions, thus far I have been successful, but it's early in the year

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Yesterday I planned to go for 90 minutes, ended up doing 3 hours.  It was a really nice, brisk day and the trails were great.

I've been watching the live results and feeds from Rocky Raccoon.  Plus getting a lot of updates from my DD who is working at DamNation.  Unfortunately my friend doing her first 100 dropped out at 60 miles.  Not sure why yet.  Ian Sharman ran a great race.  Local TX runners Paul Taranova and Nicole Studder are smoking it. Nicole's gonna set a few records out there today.

I'm just about to head our for about 10 miles.

qotd: no resolutions.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I went Mt Biking with the hubby today.  We only did 13 and he was dying...wtf!

Qotd:  Not so good but I look at it as work in progess.  I have a whole year to meet them.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄