Trailer Trash

The Sundaily (Read 31 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Where is everybody, out running? Not me. Bawling my eyes out at realizing I'm missing all these wonderful days and losing more and more of my fitness every day. It will be something like at least one more week of rest before starting up again - almost from scratch then, and with lungs still compromised. And this schedule is a best case scenario, if nothing else comes along. Soon I'll be in panic mode... QOTD: Intuition or reason, which do you usually follow? Me: I often follow my intuition, and often it turns out well. When I don't, ignoring subtle signs and hints, it sometimes has ended in disaster. Especially when it comes to health. Have wonderful Sunday, runners!

Run for fun.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

heel is a little sore from yesterday's run, so I'll skip running and take the mtn bike out instead

qotd: both, but I often tend to get it wrong- when I listen to intuition I should have listened to reason and vise versa Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Ran the Dirty German 25k today, and ran into wcrunner! We chatted for awhile after the race, while I pounded down some food and a beer. I am really sore but it was a fun day on the trails.

qotd: usually reason. I don't think I have the best intuition.

jonferg67

Endless trails

I was out running, got in a slow-pokey 13 miles on dirt roads in a State Park. I happened to pick the

same day that the horsey people were doing some kinda horsey thing.

Couch: I hope this issue passes quickly. I'm always surprised when I get back into it after an injury/illness

layoff, I'm able to ramp back  up the mileage sooner than I think.

QOTD: The older I get the more I pay attention to those signs, intuition, otherwise I follow reason.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

10+ miles on the trails used for the Dirty German Races running the opposite direction of the race so I could see the runners coming toward me. Met TrailsnCocktails before the start on the 25K, then hung out with her for a while after she finished. Bumped into Muppy also after he finished his first lap and was getting ready to head out for his second just before TrailsnCocktails finished.

QOTD: I see intuition as reason working so fast you can't follow all the steps leading to the conclusion, so I don't see it as an either/or proposition. Given time I use reason to think things through, with tuition it depends on how strong it is.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

AT-runner

Tim

Good evening folks.  DW and I ran 5 easy miles on some flat and wet trails.  Foot is healing.  Just a little bump where the puncture was and it's a bit raised so I can feel it, but not painful like it was a few days ago.

Couch - hope you feel better soon.

QOTD:  I reason things out, but rely heavily on my intuition.

"The only real valuable thing is intuition" ~ Albert Einstein

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

DigDug2

12.5 on the trails at sunrise today - beautiful morning, great run.  Ran a trail 10k yesterday, felt sort of blah and unenergetic, ran rather than raced.  Today was a nice fresh start.

QOTD:  I lean strongly toward the reason end.  Not always successfully, but it's gotten me this far.

moonlightrunner

Couch: I am so sorry you are so sick.I hope you feel better soon . It is very frustrating for you.don't rush it...give your body a chance to recharge.

Had a very nice hour and a half run out at the state park. I am so slow I don't bother taking my garmin. It would be too depressing to see my pace in numbers. It was a beautiful day. I fell twice. The last one was a face plant..scraped my nose...but not too bad. It was still a great time.

Qotd: I guess I use reason first but rely on my intuition when the trail comes to a fork and both choices seem reasonable. Relying on intuition takes a lot of faith in one's self.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Sandy-2

Sunday was a SRD for me. I moved from Busan to Shanghai. So this morning's (it's Monday here already) 5 mile run was a very flat, warm and humid run along the Pudong side of the river.

I always run very early when in China before the air gets too messed up and there are less people and cars around.

FTYC, hope you are feeling better and bounce back soon.

qotd: I'm more of a 'reason' type.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL