Trailer Trash

And yeah, it's Monday....again (Read 37 times)

some call me Tim

30 mins on snowshoes today.. it's nice to give my feet some more time to recuperate, but some real running would be nice

qotd: Mickey D's a couple dozen years ago. Food was gross, but it was fun. I worked the 'grill' in the early AM - it's crazy how many eggs they go through in a morning.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Rest day today

QOTD: First job was washing pots and pans at a bakery. I last one day. Didn't get another job until after graduating from HS. Worked as an office boy for $1.65 an hour for a year before heading off to college.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

Been recovering from jetlag for a day or so, so some sleeping, running, lounging over the last few days.  I also slept in one day 'cause it was 15*F and blowing a gale, dang this is my first real winter in a long time (lived in TX too long, I'm not used to such cold stuff anymore I guess.)  I'm planning on doing 5 or 6 miles after work today.

qotd: I had a paper route delivering early morning papers, I hated getting up so early.  I also worked as a deckhand on a ferryboat in the summertime.  Not sure which one of those jobs actually came first though.  I also had a clam boat and dug clams for a while, that was hard work, but I was my own boss.

tbd.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

3 fast instant miles with DD. She pushed me to the limit, speedwise... 

Now I feel old.

Jamie: I remember a very tall, very slim guy, that I thought might fall over with leg cramps any second, but I am not sure on which section that was, on Bald Knob Ridge Trail (where you remember), or on the last downhill, on Old Laurel Run Trail (where I think it was?). Could have been you, I always have wondered. Funny how these things work.

You should give it a push and get ready for the Rothrock, at least we would have fun suffering together, as usual 

No run today but I will hop on the stationary bike later to work up a sweat.

All this talk of Rothrock has me salivating to get back in there and just do it.  Marie - the only time I ran Rothrock (in 2011) you ran it too but this was before we knew each other.  I have a vague memory of being passed by a little-ish female who asked me if I was alright (I was walking at the time on a fairly flat trail after the big boulder climb) and had a European accent.  I think it was you.  I remember later we compared our finishing times and we were close.   What are the chances that was you?? (Weird how our minds remember things).

QOTD: Ummm....It was a cleaning job just not sure which came first - cleaning a church or an elem school.  Let me tell you, custodians do not get enough credit.  I worked as a PT school custodian and those kids were disgusting.  The FT custodian left the nasty stuff to me.  But I remember having fun going into place in the school (which I attended when I was younger) that I had never been in as a student always wanted to (i.e. the teacher's lounge, the spooky backroom off the cafeteria, the weird speech therapy office). Good question - thanks for helping me bring back memories.

Have a great day!

Run for fun.