Trailer Trash

Where are the Saturdailies (Read 24 times)

jonferg67

Endless trails

Hey folks,

I've been MIA during the week. I'm building back my work-week endurance; running in

the morning, working all day, and apartment-hunting in the evenings. This week is

a recovery week so just an easy 10 mile trail loop this morning. I did try the dryer

sheet idea to help with the bugs; I tied one on my visor and put one in my shorts

waistband. The bugs were still dive-bombing my face toward the end of my run but

I think it helped a little.

Hope everyone is doing well, nice to have some good running weather this past week.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Jon - good to hear you are getting back in the grove of balancing work and running.

No running for me today but hit the gym and stair climber hard this morning.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

morning trailers!  got a nice run in this morning w/ the DW, took the free shuttle out of town and ran the Mount Helena Ridge trail back, took a few new trails when we got to Mt Helena and ended up w/ about 10 miles

our weather is supposed to start turning cooler tomorrow (they say for a full week!), it will be most welcome!

qotd: what was your first trail race, if you remember- mine was the Terry Badlands 10k trail (2012), finished a couple places from DFL Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Here are the Saturdailies!

Did 8 this morning with DH and RC.  Planning on 12 at Purisima Canyon tomorrow.  Always perfect running weather here in coastal NorCal but I wouldn't mind a little warmth or rain every once in a while.  Glad to hear some of you are getting a break from the heat.

QOTD: my first trail race was in March last year when I did the Montara Mountain HM (Pacifica, CA).  Not sure how close I was to DFL but pretty sure I wan't far from it!  Not a big race and, well, the mountain kicked my butt.  In a good way, of course.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Afternoon,

Everyone out for a run? I'm still resting, but I'll be running again tomorrow - actually planning on a double, early in the morning, and then with my buddy in the afternoon. I hope it won't be too much too soon, but I'll see after the morning test run.

Rainy and steamy here, and plenty of busy at work, it was fun. Seems it is "break your lamp day" today. At work, we had a lamp explode right when I was walking past it, I was lucky not to get hit by the shrapnell. And at home, the lamp in my boys' room exploded just the same way. Probably aliens invading from outer space, shooting at our lamps because these are the brightest ones in the room?  Cool

jonfer: recovery week from working, running, or hunting?

Jamie: Going up...

warden: Sounds like a fun run this morning!

Gatsby: Nice runs, done and on tap.

QOTD: My first trail race was a DNS at the Hyner View Trail Challenge 25k in 2011. I had broken my elbow just 8 weeks prior, and had just started up again after weeks of not running. However, 6 weeks later, I ran the Rothrock Trail Challenge 30k as my first actual trail race. I had a lot of fun doing it, and to my surprise, I did fairly well, even though I was not in top shape at all, still working on the elbow recovery.

Run for fun.

muppy

Heading out to Mt Gretna ( it's a town not really a mountain) to hit some trails for a bit.

Couch, I would be  careful, very careful  walking by anymore lamps today!

QOTD I  guess my first trail race was a 5K in a local park  in 2011( that was about a mile short). Never ran on trails before that, was a spur of the moment thing. First real trail race was Dirty German in Philadelphia earlier this year, had no expectations for the race and had a blast, finished in 2:30, so was happy with that.

Daydreamer1

Got in a quick 5-6 miles, again on the trails here at Branson. I found a nice loop of trails and would have liked to do two loops for 11-12 total. Alas we had other plans and I didn't feel like getting up at 5:30 for a run. Overall it was cool but with the heavy rain from yesterday it was steamy.

QOTD: Hyner 25K 2012. A good race to start out on because there are so many people that just hike it so there is little pressure from the RD and volunteers to get finished.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

21.8 mile Trail run completed in 6 hrs: Discovered my new favorite trail; about a half mile of smooth twisty singletrack, all down hill.
                  Helped a group of 15 hilkers find their way.
                  Peak Week #3 complete!  All aboard the Taper Train!!

Qotd:  First trail race was the Febapple Frozen 50k.  Finished in 7:30 or so, near the back but nowhere near last.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

jonferg67

Endless trails

QOTD: My first trail race was kinda funny. I signed up for a 10K with Pacific Trail

Races in Redwood Park (Oakland hills), the race also had a HM, 18K and 50K.

The 10K runners were scheduled to start first, then the rest of the races 15

mins. later. About 10 mins before the race started I heard a woman talking that

sounded like the teacher on Charlie Brown, womp, womp-womp, womp. Then

the gun went off and I took off down the trail, the pace felt kinda slow for a 10K but

there was a decent hill climb so I just figured it was normal. Anyway, long story

short my race started to go alot longer than I could run 6.2 miles, it then occurred

to me that I was running with the 50K group. OOOOOOPPPPS!!! Luckily it looped

back to the start and I was able to meet my DW who told me that at the last minute

that little voice was making a change to the start times. It was the longest 10K of my running 

career, but some sweet trails. 

moonlightrunner

No run today. Planning an early am long run (well...long for me) tomorrow.

Qotd: I think it was Dances With Dirt I'm 2000 in Pinckney, MI. It was a team relay and a blast. I believe my team finished last. I'm very slow, and one of our runners got lost for a long time. Good times!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Sandy-2

20 miles this morning.  Started at 4:50am and it was about 78 deg and raining.  Then about 10 minutes later it was a torrential downpour.  That was the coolest temp of the run.  A little while later the rain had stopped and it was back up to about 80 deg and supersaturated humidity.  Quite the steam bath...

Tomorrow I get to do the whole thing all over again, gotta love those summertime B2B's.  They are calling for the same weather-wise.

qotd: way back when in high school I ran X-C and some years later I ran a bunch of Hash House Harrier runs in Korea that were on trails.  I think my first trail run of the "modern era" was a Sunmart 50k about 10 years ago.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Watoni

Decent 13-14 miles in the hills

QOTD: Kings Mountain Half Marathon .... was about 15th and won the obscure 35-39 age group. My one and only race in Vibrams