Trailer Trash

Sole Challenge 24 Hour RR (Read 45 times)

muppy

Congratulations to both you and Jessica! She set a huge mileage PR and you came back from a bad spot and took third place, that's awesome!

AT-runner

Tim

Wow, that race report had a little of everything.  I liked that you were willing to drop your mileage goal when confronted with reality.  Awesome comeback.  Great job demoralizing 4th place...I'm sure when you charged up that hill he knew his day was over.  Congrats on the big $$$ too...nothing beats cash!  Very cool that your wife set such a big mileage PR, you guys need to find a couples 24 hour and compete as a team (if that doesn't exist it should).  Congrats and thanks for the RR!

Thanks.  I always tell my XC kids to look for surge points to try to break the competition, and when I took off I wanted him to think I was too strong to catch, when in reality I was hurting probably as much as he was.

Had no choice on mileage goal, that all the day gave me, and I think I got all out of my body that I could.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

AT-runner

Tim

Congratulations to both you and Jessica! She set a huge mileage PR and you came back from a bad spot and took third place, that's awesome!

Thanks, Mark.  I can't tell you how proud I am of DW.  She was thinking 100k, but I kept telling her to just see how it felt and keep going.  She really surprised herself.

Messenjah

CONGRATULATIONS!!! 24 hour events are such a different monster. I've done one 24 hour around a 1.9 mile loop and it is so much more mentally taxing than anything I've ever done...and I've done a 35 mile run on treadmill Smile

AT-runner

Tim

CONGRATULATIONS!!! 24 hour events are such a different monster. I've done one 24 hour around a 1.9 mile loop and it is so much more mentally taxing than anything I've ever done...and I've done a 35 mile run on treadmill Smile

Thanks, Messenjah.  Still not sure I like the short loop thing, but it's a fun format.  I would rather have a 24hr on a 5 mile trail loop.

I remember your treadmill ultra.  Still think that's nuts.

Messenjah

I am hoping to do a...........gulp..............24 hour TM run if it happens again in January

Thanks, Messenjah.  Still not sure I like the short loop thing, but it's a fun format.  I would rather have a 24hr on a 5 mile trail loop.

I remember your treadmill ultra.  Still think that's nuts.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Congratulations, great race! Congrats to your wife, too!

You did very well with rethinking the race strategy and adjusting to what the day had in store. 3rd overall is just awesome!

Run for fun.

AT-runner

Tim

Congratulations, great race! Congrats to your wife, too!

You did very well with rethinking the race strategy and adjusting to what the day had in store. 3rd overall is just awesome!

Thanks, Marie.  I really did think of your RR from Oil Creek, and since there was no way I was going to stop, so the only option was to change my goal and strategy.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Congratulations.  Very nicely written.  And as much as we joke about the color et al. runs, you are right -- they get people off the couch.

Great job for pushing through the heat.  It is a killer for so many people, myself included.  It's a bit early for those types of temps and humidity especially after such a cold winter.

Congrats to Jess as well!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runMD

I saw Peter and Laurie the next day and they both were limping around.  They said the heat king of snuck up on them.  Las said you were the first heat related person to complain, so maybe your early warning was a good thing in the end.

Hope you are healing well.

Sandy-2

Congratulations to you and your DW !!!  Nice job on adjusting to the conditions, a good lessen to learn; not fighting against the afternoon heat and direct sun when a few hours of slow-going can be made up once the sun goes down (or a rain shower cool things down).  I agree, putting ice in a bandanna can be a lifesaver.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

XtremeTaper

Nice work out there. I don't recall it being too hot last week but I was in the shady woods! Being the fastest doesn't seem to matter but lasting longer than others is the key. Sounds like you like the Altras. I've put a trail version of those into my rotation (Superior for easier trails, Lone Peak for tougher ones). Not sure if I am up to ultras in them yet though.

In dog beers, I've only had one.