Trailer Trash

Follow Eastern States 100 (Read 40 times)

runtraildc

Great job Marie!!  Looking forward to your report (after some well deserved sleep, of course!)

moonlightrunner

Congratulations Couch! Eager to read all about it!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Thank you everybody, your support kept me going! It was an epic race, incredibly difficult course, mainly due to the terrain and footing, but beautiful. I injured my knee around mile 30, and while I could still run up to mile 60, it was almost impossible after that. The pain was overwhelming at times, so I just limped it in. That' why it took me so long to finish. Will be working on the RR after unpacking all stuff from the race and our wonderful family vacation! (Just as Sandy will clean up his garage)

Run for fun.

Brian Runner

I was there for the Marathon, but aside from the signs saying "Skyline Aid Station - 70 miles" you never would have known the 100 was taking place. Had a few friends out on the 100 course, and several others on their crews. Having run the Marathon, in 7:39, I can't even fathom how hard 100 miles on that course must have been. Our race started two hours later and we began seeing a few 100 mile runners around mile 15. This race is sure to develop a reputation very quickly.