Trailer Trash

Cajun Coyote 100 RR...Winning Is Cool (Read 66 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Awesome! Armadillos, beer, and winning a 100 miler! What a day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Kelly looked incredibly strong every time I saw him (to no surprise).  The course is deceptively more difficult than the elevation profile would suggest.

Awesome job, my friend!  (I'll be writing up a report myself, but I have to wait to get the feeling back into my fingertips before I can do so Big grin)

Occasional Runner

I'm sorry I missed you at the finish line, Betsy. I tried to sleep for a while but that didn't work. I came back to the park and was feeling good, but I was suddenly too exhausted to keep my eyes open and had to go back to the hotel and lay down. I hung out with Matt for as long as I could. I was worried about you out in that weather. I'm glad you toughed it out and landed a solid finish. You're awesome!

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

Great job Kelly. This win was a long time coming , which makes it even sweeter I'm sure.  And leaving the 2nd place guy so far behind too...Amazing!  Yet you still have time for great photos..Even at my back of the pack pace, I'm too focused to stop and fiddle with my phone and take a picture.  How do you do it?  You have provided some of my favorite wallpaper BTW...

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

Occasional Runner

Great job Kelly. This win was a long time coming , which makes it even sweeter I'm sure.  And leaving the 2nd place guy so far behind too...Amazing!  Yet you still have time for great photos..Even at my back of the pack pace, I'm too focused to stop and fiddle with my phone and take a picture.  How do you do it?  You have provided some of my favorite wallpaper BTW...

Thanks. I usually take all the photos in my blog but the urgency of this race wouldn't allow it this time. I took some of the scenery pictures the day before the race while we were scouting the course. My wife took some of the others and I borrowed a few from friends. The pictures in my blog are important to me because I think it keeps people interested. We all like the outdoors and the visuals are critical to providing a product that people will enjoy and return to. I keep all my blog posts very consistent in the manner of presentation so people always know what to expect when they come to the site.

jonferg67

Endless trails

I've read so many of your RR's that I take it for granted how well you convey the

experience, this one was no different. I think I speak for all of us by saying how

proud of you we are. Your commitment and dedication to our sport is infectious,

congratulations on your first 100 miler win!

Occasional Runner

I've read so many of your RR's that I take it for granted how well you convey the

experience, this one was no different. I think I speak for all of us by saying how

Thanks, Jon. I appreciate the kind words and sentiment. Its great to have a group like this to share our experiences with. We all grow and learn together.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I'll second that.  I'm pumped up.  Congrats on the win, may it be the first of many.

PS - almost counts as first and 2nd wins ("winning" the 100k also)

**Ask me about streaking**

Occasional Runner

PS - almost counts as first and 2nd wins ("winning" the 100k also)

I got an email from the 100k winner this morning. We had run together for the first 5 miles before he faded and he was talking my ear off during the race. In the email, he referred to himself as the 2nd place finisher of the 100k.

muppy

Another strong race for you, and 1st place! Simply amazing, congratulations!

jmctav23

2/3rds training

nice work Kelly, well earned win.  By 90 minutes no less.  Though I have to admit it would have been more entertaining had that other guy not faded/dropped so early.

Occasional Runner

nice work Kelly, well earned win.  By 90 minutes no less.  Though I have to admit it would have been more entertaining had that other guy not faded/dropped so early.

It wouldn't have made much of a difference. One of us would have eventually broke down because our pace wasn't sustainable. That's pretty much what happened. One of us was bound to put a big gap on the other, so I think the race would have ended with a dominating fashion either way. But that first loop was pretty damn sporty.

jmctav23

2/3rds training

I'm sure you've seen this by now; any plans to add the US skyrunning championship race in Flagstaff to your calender for next year?  I know you're a fan of Ariavipa (sp?) events and I can tell you firsthand that this course is going to be mountain running at its' best.

Occasional Runner

I'm sure you've seen this by now; any plans to add the US skyrunning championship race in Flagstaff to your calender for next year?  I know you're a fan of Ariavipa (sp?) events and I can tell you firsthand that this course is going to be mountain running at its' best.

I was looking at that yesterday. I was selected to run on the Aravaipa Running Team for 2014 so I get free entry into all of their races. I'm definitely tempted to run it. The course looks incredible. There's a pretty good chance I'll be there, but my calendar is still taking shape. I vowed to run fewer races in 2014 but it's not looking like that's going to happen.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

PS - pretty cool to see the 100% next to your results at ultrasignup

**Ask me about streaking**