Trailer Trash

You're the Grinch Thursdailie (Read 243 times)

Just finished a 16-mile trail run... lots of mud, rain, sleet and snow. And 55+ mph wind gusts (per the local weatherman).. it was a blast! Smile Hoping to run another 8 miles tonight if the schedule permits it.
    runfastandie

Oh- So much fun reading! Thanks for the stories :-)

And yes- always tip your postman $20cash too!  S/He is the last person to decide if you are going to get your mail or not.

I probably wouldn't have rushed in the the PT so quickly but she only had 3 work days left until maternity leave! So glad I got in- $20 for the piece of mind.  She's great- anti orthotic anti surgery and wants to train muscles to fix their own problems. She's amazing.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Had a nice 5.7 this am.  Very crispy out there.  The water in the ground grew about 2 inches so I was crunching through it.  It made normally slick places easier to run.  Got home 8:10 (which is 10 mins late)  feed the dogs, grabbed some loggs and added to the fire, saw the old girl runny shit all over, cleaned that up, quick shower and wam bam got to work on time. 

We are having an end of the world pot luck, if today was your last day what would you eat.  We really missed the mark because there is no crab legs, steak or red wine here. 

QOTD:  No.  Really hasn't come up yet.  When I have pain I take time off and never felt the need to see a doctor.   

TrailsnCocktails:  I don't think age has much to do with it.  I am old 50 and have never had something that a week off didn't cure.  And then there are some youngins here (they could be my kids) that have been suffeingr injuries for awhile.  Have fun tonight. 

mtwarden:  Nice story.  I always want to do that with my running partner.  She never knows where we are or pays attention to any detail, I always have to do it.  So I want to hide and let her pass me and run behind her. 

tmotmo44:  My running partner insist beer is a great recovery drink because of the carbs.  I enjoy it. 

mandy:  Thanks for the picutre.  Have a great day off walking in the snow and hanging with Bella.  Did you turn the heater on? 

lace-up:  I hear Vermont is a great place for snowboarding. 

Northern:  Diet soda and survial do not go together.  At least you were smart enough to stock up on beer. 

Andie:  Our property is gated and the mailman will never leave a package, just the slip to pick it up.  So surprise surprise last night there a slip in the mailbox.  It's dark and I don't read it until I come inside.  It says package to the left of the gate.  When I get up the next day he dropped it over our 6 foot fence and clearly marked in bright red 'FRAGILE!"  What an idiot!!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Watoni

Well,  I have an ankle sprain (thank you, Hokas), but would have run today if not for a sick child.

I have been cycling, but will run tomorrow, I think. I need another 8,000 feet or so to get 150K for the year, and I would like 750 miles.

That would get me 500K vertical and 3750 miles between cycling and running for the year.

My surgeon know I generally do not listen if it interferes with a ride/race ...

NorthernHarrier

Northern:  Diet soda and survial do not go together.  At least you were smart enough to stock up on beer. 

You just don't understand my addictions. But I can quit anytime I want,,,,

Discovered a brand new event being put on by Great Lakes Endurance.  Porcupine Mts. trail marathon in October. Are you kidding? This is effin' awesome. 55 minutes from my cabin to the start and it will be one of the most beautiful events out there. I run a large section of the course all the time and have skied the rest. I AM STOKED!!

Peak fall color, outstanding, challenging route and I would probably be running up there that day anyway. I am registering right now.

Queen, you should come home to Michigan and run it too.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Discovered a brand new event being put on by Great Lakes Endurance.  Porcupine Mts. trail marathon in October. Are you kidding? This is effin' awesome. 55 minutes from my cabin to the start and it will be one of the most beautiful events out there. I run a large section of the course all the time and have skied the rest. I AM STOKED!!

Oh, I can't believe I didn't tell you about that earlier!  They announced it on Facebook the other month.  I am thinking about doing it.  Maybe.  I'll have to see how fall shapes up.  Can I camp in your yard??

Running is dumb.

NorthernHarrier

Oh, I can't believe I didn't tell you about that earlier!  They announced it on Facebook the other month.  I am thinking about doing it.  Maybe.  I'll have to see how fall shapes up.  Can I camp in your yard??

You didn't tell me!!! AAGGHH!  I am now registered.

Again I'm the last to know!!  But sure you camp there. I built a camping deck down by my boat landing nestled in some large hemlock and cedars. It is epic. Just bring bakery and beer.

These are my up north home trails. It will be prettier than Moose Mt. and every bit as challenging.

XtremeTaper

Just 5 miles for me today on the road at lunchtime. Yawn. I tried to push the final mile but was only mildly successful.

QOTD: Yes and no. They always want me to cutback on the running which I sort of do but gosh how can you tell if you're no longer injured without running and really have any of these PT's or doc had to get the "look" from my leashless beasts when I say no run today? My apologies to the editors for my run-on sentence.

Andie - Sorry about the PF. FUPF. That was my motto when I had it. The cursing seemed to help along with vitamin I and calf stretching.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

You just don't understand my addictions. But I can quit anytime I want,,,,

Peak fall color, outstanding, challenging route and I would probably be running up there that day anyway. I am registering right now.

Queen, you should come home to Michigan and run it too.

Yea I was thinking the Marquette 50K in August but  the Porcupine in October would be cool too.  Should still be colors and less bugs.   I can still stop and see Marquette (the old college stomping grounds.) Hmmmmm

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

4 miles brreaking trail with snowshoes, some running? mostly walking, running snowshoes are not good trail breakers. Was out during the snowstorm here in WI, did the trail outside of club, when done went in for some weights and core work, check in lady said why you out during the storm said I "doing some snowshoe running and hiking around the pond", she kind of laughed and said "treadmills are for bad weather running",place was empty, her, me and one other using the treadmill and thats my story.

not the same weekend of Glacier Trail is it?