Trailer Trash

ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-Mon-day-ly (Read 34 times)

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

Tell us all about it, Trashies!!

5.5 (2.3 with Weston) around the soggy lollypop with extra dark trail sauce.
    21*F with a breeze made for a chilly run, so I picked it up a bit., into the 9's I think.  Bad GPS data keeps me from knowing for sure.  Can still feel the effects of last weeks race when I push it.  About a mile on trails with headlamp.

First run with long pants - 25*F is my limit for shorts

QOTD:  Do you sing when you run?  My favorite right now is "Madness" by Muse, hence the thread title.

"Godzilla" by B.O.C., also comes out occasionally, with some Led Zeppelin mixed in.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

NorthernHarrier

SRD here. Was gonna get up early for a run around the hood but if you guys could see our weather we are getting right now you might have done what I did which is get back in bed. Smile Nasty out. Yes I was a wimp.  So coffee and then the elliptical and then I have to spend the day driving in this crap.

E/A--wonder if Mandy is bike commuting today.Joking

QOTD--No. I usually just listen to the voices in my head.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

OMG! I didn't want to get out of bed this morning, and I damn sure didn't want to get out of the tahoe and on the trails either, I wanted back in my nice warm bed cuddled up to my two favorite guys. But duty calls, and Rocky wouldn't have been pleased if we didn't go run - so I got in a sluggish 6 miles this morning in 1:04:24 while Rocky had a blast. Saw quite  a few deer out, though yesterday I saw a buck with a beautiful rack and I hope he lives through the hunting season - I need to get out there one of these weekends with my camera.

Tomorrow Rocky and I will most likely run an easy 3-4 miles on the greenway in the afternoon and then Wednesday will be a rest before the race Thursday morning. I hope to have some legs left to jog an easy 3 miles after the race, as I'll need to burn off a lot of calories to prepare for Thanksgiving dinners I'll be having. Friday if I have the energy, I'll shoot for 6-7 miles on the trails.

qotd: I hum Christmas melodies Smile I do other strange noises other than humming though.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Occasional Runner

I did a hilly 5 mile run in the neighborhood this morning, working on pushing the pace uphill. It was a pretty awesome run and I was feeling strong.

It was 29 degrees when I headed out and it felt great.

QOTD: On rare occasion when I wear my iPod on the trails, I'll sing along with my music...LOUDLY!

Morning,

Had my first post 50 miler run yesterday, 6 miles in the freezing cold and wind. Today is cold here, but not too windy. I will either get to the gym or do another easy run later.

QOTD: I don't often sing during runs, but I do make up songs to sing to my dog.

Marley and I are visiting my daughter and son in law in Tallahassee and did 7 miles of trails in a local park this morning.  Before that we hadn't run for a couple days but I did get a 25 mile bike ride in Saturday.

QOTD: Sometimes.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

E/A--wonder if Mandy is bike commuting today.Joking

Might have been faster with the way traffic was...

I had no idea it was supposed to snow this morning.  I woke up and thought, "Wait, why is the ground white?"  Roll eyes

Running is dumb.

sugnim

Rest day today.  I'm thinking about trying a holiday streak & running everyday from Thanksgiving to New Year's Day.

QOTD: Yes!  I sing whatever comes to mind.  Only on trails though.  Whenever I cross a bridge I sing the song from Disney's Sleepy Hollow, "Once you cross that bridge my friend, the ghost is gone; his power ends," although I am a few octaves up from where Bing Crosby sang it in the original!

Gator eye

Rest day for me

QOTD: Normally I don't sing but I do get rhythms stuck in my head that play over and over and over and over and over as I run . Things like the beginning of the mission impossible theme song.

Some days it's impossible to get that stuff out of my mind

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Day off both at work (furlough) and from running.  But maybe I will do a little something later because I can.  Yard is full of pine needles so I will be raking today.  Muscles a little sore from either run yesterday or Mt Bike Saturday.  It's good to feel sore.

QOTD:  I do sing songs in my head when I run which really bothers me because I never know the words.  Once I had "Rain Drops Keep Falling on My Head" going over and over in my mind, I told my running partner and we began singing together loudly for about 30 seconds until she a spill.  She can't run and sing.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

Rest day for me

QOTD: Normally I don't sing but I do get rhythms stuck in my head that play over and over and over and over and over as I run . Things like the beginning of the mission impossible theme song.

Some days it's impossible to get that stuff out of my mind

Damn... now that you said it, I caught your ear worm..

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

muppy

Plan on hitting the gym with my son and try for a few miles after that.

QOTD For some reason  I sign Christmas carols all year long, also as sad as it is I play air guitar with certain Grateful Dead songs.

Chnaiur

I have a beginning cold, so not sure what I'll do today: lift, jog, or rest. We'll see how it develops during the day.

QOTD: I sing. Sometimes loudly. And I whistle. My most recent long run, I spend three hours on narrow, pitch-black trails humming "Solitary Man".

"God's gonna cut you down"  is another song that often gets stuck in my head.

You can run on for a long time

run on for a long time

run on for a long time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht7mxF9XZiA

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

AT-runner

Tim

Just finished 4 miles during lunch.  Usually a SRD on Monday's but tomorrow DD #1 is flying in from Oregon for Thanksgiving, so I'll be happily driving to and from the airport.Smile

QOTD:  I'm very prone to ear worms, and it's usually the last song (or commercial) I heard before starting my run.  I've actually waited in the car  for a better song to come on just in case i was going to sing it over and over again.  Most of my singing is thankfully in my head, otherwise I might attract a few bears looking for some wounded animal.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

It doesn't look like I'll get in any running today. I had hoped for a short one but it's not working out. Guess I'm due for a rest anyway. I've beat my legs up pretty hard the past few days on short but intense efforts.

QOTD: The last time I sang while running I was in the middle of the woods far from anyone who could hear me, or so I thought. After about 30 seconds I had attracted a flock of crows who proceeded to thrash the snot out of me. They didn't appreciate someone singing worse then them  Clown.

Seriously though, I often have a song running through my head but I never sing. I suck at singing.