Trailer Trash

Massanutten 2013 - Anyone else running? (Read 45 times)

KreegSauceRuns

Saturday morning at 4am I will set out on my first 100 mile attempt, the Massanutten Mountain Trails 100.  Currently, the forecast looks great but I know that could change.

Anyone else running?

1/8/22 - Frosty 50k - 5:21:19 (strava)

3/26/22 - Blackbeard's Revenge 100 - 27:27:06 (strava)

9/30/22 - Yeti 100 - Abingdon, VA - 25:46:01 (strava)

4/1/23 - Umstead 100 - Raleigh, NC

Occasional Runner

Good luck Nathan! I can't wait to hear all about it. Will there be a tracking link?

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Yes I will be running Saturday morning.  Oh you meant actually at MMT?!? Sorry no.  Smile But we are all pulling for you.  And yes - is there a link to follow you? If there is make sure you let us know your bib number or whatever we need to follow you.

You will do great!  Trust your training.  God knows you've put a lot of good runs in.  And when you get to those really low points, think of Gemma cheering you on!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

I'll be thinking about you over the weekend. Wish you the best. Looking forward to the RR!

KreegSauceRuns

There is a live tracking site.  They are currently working on it and say that they hope to have it better this year than last.

Bib number is 114

Just type in the bib number and click Go and then it'll show you my status.

The site says the first update may not be until noon on Saturday so it sounds like it'll be pretty delayed.  That's 8 hours after the race starts.  I guess it's better than nothing.

Thanks for all the well wishes.  I have done almost no running so I should be rested up.  I feel like I have done so little, that I will get out there and forget what it's like to put one foot in front of the other.  I just hope the nagging little pains I had don't show up.   But if they do, I'll just  have to endure.  I will be super disappointed if I don't make it across the finish line.

AT-runner

Tim

Good luck, Nathan. You are going to have a great day.  And remember we want baby pics at the finish!

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

bump bump bump...

Go Nathan!!!!

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Anyone else following this?

1st place was a run-away (2 hour winner)

2nd and 3rd were 6 mins apart.

12 of 198 finished under 24 hours

67 of 198 finished under 30 hours

It looks like there have been about 45 drops (almost 25%)

Nathan is still going, with last check in at AS#15 (96.8 miles) at about 30:30...home stretch!

**Ask me about streaking**

Occasional Runner

Yeah, it was a good buddy of mine that won it. I ran with Jimmy Blandford a lot when we lived in PA. He's a very cool and talented runner. I've learned a lot from him over the years.

I keep popping in to see how Nathan is doing. I'm really happy for him.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Nathan finished in 97th in 32:35:47.  Damn impressive for that course.  CONGRATS, NATHAN!  Smile

Running is dumb.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Way to go! Can't wait to hear all about it.

XtremeTaper

Hey, I was working the visitor's center all Saturday night/early Sunday morning manning the clipboard. The clipboard king they call me. A runner checked-in, I went to grab his drop bag, and it was our very own Nathan. Introduced myself first to a puzzled expression then came acknowledgement. He was a bit rough under the collar at that point (so was everyone else nearly 80 miles in) but I knew he'd make it. Congrats Nathan on getting that buckle!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

Way to go Nathan !!!

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

KreegSauceRuns

Thank you all!  It was an amazing experience.  It had it's highs and lows but I finished.  Tough course, but I think my training paid off.  There were downhills that weren't even walkable.  And the uphills almost never seemed to end.  But overall a great race with great marking and excellent aid stations.

XT is right.  I came in to his AS and he said something to me and my mind didn't even comprehend it at first.  Took me a few minutes to register what you said.  Thanks for talking to me though.  I didn't want to get up from that chair, but I knew I had to.

Here's a pic of Gemma and I at the finish:

And here are a few of some rocky sections on course:

AT-runner

Tim

Great job, Nathan.  Yea for our Mid-Atlantic rocks!

Your daughter looks like she is saying "Daddy, you did what?"

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!