Trailer Trash

Not-at-all-trail-running Duathlon Report (Read 44 times)

NorthernHarrier

Swallow your pride???  That sounds kind of elitist. Roll eyes    But I see you smiling as you finish, you'll be doing it again. Nice job.

Uh oh... now what?

Being part of the gotta-be-something-I-can-do-as-a-replacement group... yay!  Rah!

Superneatopeachykeengreat job and other lesser stuff.  Is kewl to see you out and

about.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

When you told me you did a duathlon, I thought for sure it was trail!!!  We were both slumming this weekend.  I was actually sore from mine (no training).  At one point on the swim (when I wanted to quit) I said to myself do thirty strokes and when I looked up I was totally off course.  The staging area was at the bottom of a very steep hill, so twice we had to run up after transitioning.  By the time I got to the run it took 2 miles for my legs to feel like they knew how to run.  But it is such a community advent, and all women I will be back next year but will train.

Glad your having fun!!!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

skeene07

Dirty Girl

When I saw that you did a duathlon I wondered if you still had the same bike!

i was going to suggest trying an off road one like AT said, guess not.

Anyhow, no shame in going out and having a good time and doing what you can. Congrats on your first duathlon!!

And I wanted to say that I am so sorry that you are still dealing with that groin. I remember when I told you that mine took 6 months to heal and we both thought that was a crazy long time. That was a crazy long time ago :/.

http://staceyrunsandeats.blogspot.com/

4/13 Bull Run Run 50 miler- DONE!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Swallow your pride???  That sounds kind of elitist. Roll eyes    But I see you smiling as you finish, you'll be doing it again. Nice job.

Wanna do Black Hawk Ridge with me?  I've never been out in that area.  I think I can shuffle through an 8K.

Running is dumb.

NorthernHarrier

Wanna do Black Hawk Ridge with me?  I've never been out in that area.  I think I can shuffle through an 8K.

I'll be home that Sunday in October(rare) as my fantasy league is getting together that evening at the Pub to watch the Packers so it could work. I think that fills up so I better figure it out for sure. I'll PM you this evening to let you know for sure. I've only run in there once and it was long ago. Always so many other options a little closer.

I have no speed anymore so it could be ugly.  Big grin

Ultra Cowboy

Atta girl Mandy.  I'd be the last one to criticize how you compete...

Glad you were able to get out there and have fun.

WYBMADIITY

Save

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Whoa, congratulations on finishing an "alien" race (it IS alien, see the Darth Vader dude).

Sounds like you had fun out there, and that's all that counts. I have a very vintage bike, too, and I have a lot of respect for you for just going to a race with your bike, no matter what. Bravo!

I hope your injury will either heal up, or reveal itself in the upcoming MRI, so that it can be treated appropriately.

Run for fun.