Trailer Trash

Jamezilla's Stone Mill 50 RR (Read 49 times)

Chnaiur

Congrats - really fun the read different reports of the same race!

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Congrats! That is a good finish on what was less stellar than my training.  Hope you can reflect on this and decide that you like the long distances.  It is quite a different experience.  I have a feeling you do.

I am sure we will run another race together.  Maybe next year! Got to keep Team Wegman's going ya know!

Great to meet you.  Take care.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I love your pre-race sushi idea.  I might have to try that sometime...

Was this your first 50?  I can't remember.  Either way, awesome job and excellent time!

Running is dumb.

Daydreamer1

Congrats on a good run. It sounds like this is a race I need to plan for next year.

LB2

Congratulations. It is funny how you can feel great at mile 40 and almost dead at 41. That is when you have to mentally buckle down and continue onward. It eventually gets better, sometimes.

LB2

muppy

Sounds like you ran a strong race and finishing 1 minute before sunset, congrats!

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

RabbitChaser – Thanks…now that I think about it, I was probably cold with hot sensations.

TnC – maybe Dirty German?  I’ve been eyeing that one up for a while.

Runfastandie - There’s a topic in this forum with the picture.  I did not partake in the whiskey, but felt very very tempted.  Maybe next time.  Glad I’m not alone with the hot flashes stuff

Snowden – Thanks Smile

AmoresPerros – how’s the soreness now?  I’m not a Hoka person (I don’t think) but it definitely works for some.

AT – tell me about it…next time for sure!

Lace – thanks for the encouragement.  I might just go for 100 now...if I could pull it off, I'd get a ton of likes on FB Wink

Chnaiur – I laid down at 6 but couldn’t sleep til 10, but I blame the caffeine.

FS – Thanks. It wasn’t a smooth morning, but I was very prepared to be flexible…when I realized I didn’t have my pack, I was already sorting out how I was going to hydrate/fuel (fortunately that did not become necessary)

Jody- great seeing you too!  Did you witness how the race actually started?

Tom1961-  not a sushi guy, huh?  Rice is a good binder!  As for the no training, I feel more like a real DA.

Wcrunner2- or the walking purchase :/

Queen of Nothing – thanks for reading!

Low 02 -  thank you!

Jamie – I’m in for team Wegman’s.  Nice meeting you too.

Mandy – The load up was inspired by your advice…the eating was more fun than the running, but not really excusable (unless you are going to run for 50 miles).  Yes First 50 miler!

DD1 – It was a great time, well organized, and $35…tough to beat.  It has my recommendation.

LB2 – After a lot of walking I could finally run at the end and it was mind blowing…you nailed it.  This was my first experience being that low and coming back out of it.

RunMuppy – to be honest, it was pretty dark out and I didn’t think I made it…clock said otherwise!  Thanks.

**Ask me about streaking**

Sandy-2

Congratulations on your first 50 Jamezilla.  Great run and great report.  Yeah, a few 50s and then you'll be itching to a 100 I'm sure... ;-)

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

congrats on your race!  50 miles is a loooooooong ways Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √