Trailer Trash

Long Run Saturdaily (Updated with Photos) (Read 40 times)

Sandy-2

Did about 27 miles today.  Kind of an epic run for these parts (that would be Busan, Korea).  Did a trail run consisting of two surrounding "mountains" , with a reservoir trail, a river trail and city navigation in between.  The two mountains are 2500 and 2000 ft with Sea Level to start/finish and in between, the first one has a lot of ups/down while up there running along the fortress (think of a mini "Great Wall" type thing).  It took me about 8:30 due to the hills and the cruddy footing.  Plus I was in no hurry and took a bunch of photos.  I'll send photos when I can.  It was a good "fat ass" run, and I took advantage of the "city" part to drop into a convenience store to refill the bottles.

qotd: I got nothin'

Ok kids, here are the photos:

Photo 1: The first "hill" is off in the distant haze (the trail goes along the ridge for about 6 or 7 miles), the second one is on the right. I took a taxi to the trailhead and then ran back to the hotel. By the way I took this photo while eating breakfast at my hotel a few days before.

Photo 2: Sunrise from the ridge of the first "hill", the reflection at the bottom is the reservoir.

Photo 3: The trail and old fortress wall follows the ridge and has gate houses and watch towers.

Photo 4: A refurbished gate.

Photo 5: Also lots of temples among the hills.

Photo 6: The top of the first hill. On the left you can see some of the wall I just ran along and the ridge is off to the right.

Photo 7: Navigating the city between the hills. At least it was sorta flat and good running for a stretch.

Photo 8: The reservoir, there is a nice trail along the water's edge. (I didn't take any photos running along the river.)

Photo 9: At the top of the second hill. The first hill's ridge is off in the distance to the left, you might be able to see the reservoir and river down below.

P.S. Photo 10:  Just so you don't think it's all fun and games over here, here's a photo of one of the 5 shipyards I visited this week. The blue ships in the middle are the largest Containerships in the world under construction.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Heading out the door soon for 20 with Yvonne and Earl.  Dreamed last night about bears aggressively  trying to get Earl even after we hide in a house.  Hope that's a sign we will see a bear today.....as long as from a distance and not quite so crazed!

QOTD:  I often see that "Fat Ass" term used and do not quite understand it.  So what the hell are you guys talking about.

LB: Very impressive long run In a far away city and country.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

Hi all!  Not a long run planned for me today, but maybe a few miles in later this afternoon. I did get in 3.5 glorious miles last night, the first run in almost two weeks.

Been awol for a couple of reasons. One of my last posts I showed pictures of my washed out trail.  What I didn't mention was the creepy man resting ('hiding'?) in the bushes that I had to pass twice.  Very unusual since this trail attracts runners or dog walkers typically.  Well, a couple of days later and just a couple of miles down the trail, a woman was attacked at knifepoint and raped by a man of similar description.  Well, long story short,  they did arrest someone, it was not the same guy I saw (thankfully!!), and it creeped me out enough to stop running and listen to my knee pain (which I think is really ITB issues).  Foarm rolling and strength work has helped tremendously.   I'm not giving up trail running, but this hit really close to home and I'm rethinking my safety practices.

Sandy-- looking forward to the pictures.

Queen- enjoy the run, and I hope you do get to see a bear (from faraway).

QOTD:  don't really know, now that you ask.  I've seen it used in many different ways.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Niiiiiice, Sandy!  That sounds like a blast.  You really need to post more photos from all your travels!

Sue, I hope you and Early have a nice 20.  Your dog is officially crazier than mine.

Welcome back, traildc!  Stay safe out there.

Bella and I are fueled up on coffee (well, okay, the dog didn't have any) and we're headed out for a hike today.  Planning on carrying 15-20 pounds and hopefully going about 5-6 miles.

QOTD: A fat ass is basically just an unofficial race or run put on by an individual or running group.  No bibs, no medals, no fuss.  Usually runners need to bring their own water and fuel, but sometimes the fat ass will call for people to bring stuff to share with the group.

Running is dumb.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Oh, how I wish I could go for a long run! Instead, I'm standing in front of my mirror, admiring my ribcage, beneath which two bulges have formed where it hurts most. I assume this the buildup of liquid from the pleurisy? Sad( I guess the comment of one of my former docs has come true: I'm skinny enough that no X-rays are needed to see what's going on inside... (not sure if I can be proud of that, though). DS had his first electric guitar recital, and it went well. He liked most the cookies afterwards. Sandy: sounds like a wonderful morning run. Hope you'll have time to relax and recover! Queen: hope you and your company will have a nice run! Traildc: now that sounds creepy. I had a similar incident on one of my trails (also quit frequented by walkers and runners, I guess the really remote trails ae the safer ones), and I did not run there for the whole summer! Mandy: take it easy with the recovery! Glad to hear you are doing so well and building up fast! QOTD: to me, it means a free organized run, with or without your time taken. Sometimes, there are bibs and basic foods or water stations, sometimes not. But always a lot of fun, as usually there's only few competitive people (and they entertain themselves), and for the most part it is just a friendly measuring yourself up against friends, and socializing.

Run for fun.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!  Good luck to everyone racing this weekend

Just finished up w/ my "300" bodyweight regime- 300 squats, 300 situps, 300 pushups (and 60 pullups- in my dreams I could do 6 sets of 50 pullups Big grin)  Taking the DD to run Mount Helena this afternoon- our route is only about 6 miles, but there is close to a 2500' gain of elevation.

qotd: I'd agree w/ everyone that a "fatass" is simply an unorganized (or slightly organized) run w/ a group of people- no entry fee, no t-shirts, no timing, etc

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No bear sighting and only ran 18 but drove further so got to see more of the trail.  A Fat Ass just seems to be arunning group..."Hey we are meeting here to run this, come as you like"

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

I got in a quick 3 miles on the road here (Shenandoah University) before going to the mountain dulcimer festival activities.

Not sure if Marley is moping or happily resting at home.  I'll have to ask DW.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

charlesmoman

I set a PR for walking since my accident. I did half a mile at 2.5 mph on a treadmill. By the end I was almost limping, so I obeyed my PT and stopped. Off to Fairbanks, AK on Tuesday. Our middle daughter is getting married Saturday at Denali somewhere with only about 6 in the group. I am talking trekking poles for Denali - a lot better than crutches.

LB2

I ran a nice 15 on Saturday in the heat. Then, I boiled some crawfish, potatoes, corn, mushrooms, onions, garlic, sausage, and carrots. And we ate like gluttons.

Nice run Sandy.

LB2