Trailer Trash

Fa la la la la Fridailies (Read 242 times)

Hey, it's still only the 3rd Day of Christmas! Or 4th Day, depending on which tradition you follow, but either way it's not time to stop celebrating yet.

Went out for a nice 34-minute run to test my new jacket. It was fine for a short run in 18F, but is meant more for cool and rainy weather--will be perfect for 30s, but I'd probably have gotten chilly if I'd been out for an hour or so today.

QOTD: What's your least favorite weather to run in? I'm good in cold, I'm good in wet, I even like the wind. Heat and humidity are my kryptonite--I wilt like a delicate flower. And then throw up.

Occasional Runner

Good morning Trailers!

Jo and I are going out to Antelope Island this morning and will find some trails to run out there. The snow level is rumored to be more reasonable. Plus, there's a great chance we'll see buffalo, antelope and plenty of mule deer.

I hope everyone has a fantastic Friday!

QOTD: Rain is annoying but I hate running in the wind, especially this time of year when it cuts right through the layers of clothes.

Sandy-2

Sitting in the Houstonn airport waiting for the flight to PA. Gonna take a SRD today. Maj: sounds like a nice cold run. Lace: good luck in the search for less snow. Qotd: I hate running when it's hot. I can stand humidity, but the high temps are a killer for me. I also wilt and puke!!!

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Good morning!

majope-new running goodies to train in...nice. We just moved into a new home so all my christmas gifts were tools and such. No fun running gear for me Sad

lace-enjoy the trails, I'm glad we only got an inch of snow here in PA.

Sandy-coming to PA are you? Going to get any runs in while your visiting?

I did a moderate paced 8 on the trails before work this morning. Jealous of everyone that has off. Enjoy the holiday!

runtraildc

Morning!

Couple of inches of fresh snow and the temps are in the teens. I'm planning to get in a few miles in later this morning once the sun comes up (hey, I'm on vacation-- one of the perks is getting to run in the daylight).

qotd- wind

Morning all! Finally back from a trip to NY for Christmas. Got a pretty exhilarating run in on the ridge of the Palisades on Tuesday.

Today I'm going for an easy 6. Tomorrow is a long trail run.

QOTD: I'm also a hater of heat/humidity. Not only do I get dehydrated fairly easily, but I also have asthma that is exacerbated by heat and humidity. LOVE running in the winter!

Birdwell

Morning folks! 5 miles this morning. We got about an inch of snow last night, so all the ice was hidden. Tons of fun.

QOTD: rain kind of gets on my nerves, due to the fact I wear glasses. But I really hate that wind/rain combo that we get every so often around here. rain+20 Mph plus winds= Angry me.

sugnim

A nice 6 miles in the snow last night wearing my new Christmas tights.  I saw a small herd of about a dozen deer being chased along the river by a dog in the twilight.  It was pretty exciting to see them all moving, running, and leaping together.

QOTD:  I hate running in the heat, and my lowest mileage is always in the summer.  If it's over 80 when I have time to run, I will hit the indoor track or skip the day.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Choking on hot cereal that tastes like cardboard - not worth switching to this brand, even though it often is on sale.

I'm planning on a nice run later, after DH's doc appt.

majope: Nice morning run, and good to find out what the best purpose for the new jacket is.

lace_up: Hope you'll see some great wildlife out there!

Sandy: Have a good flight, and prepare for a lot of snow!

Tmo: I love tools - I just hardly ever get any! Where in PA do you have just an inch of snow? We got almost a foot (central PA)!

traildc: Sounds like it's going to be a nice run! Enjoy the daylight, get your vitamin D!

Cocktails: Enjoy the home trails again!

Birdwell: Sounds like a slippery slide - scary!

sugnim: Morning workout not only for you, but for the deer, too!

QOTD: I don't like the combination of wind and rain, especially when it's cold. It takes all of my willpower to get out then. I don't particularly like the heat and humidity, either, but it doesn't get seriously muggy in PA that often. When it gets too hot and humid, I miss the long runs!

Have a great day, trailers!

Run for fun.

Good Morning,

Choking on hot cereal that tastes like cardboard - not worth switching to this brand, even though it often is on sale.

I'm planning on a nice run later, after DH's doc appt.

majope: Nice morning run, and good to find out what the best purpose for the new jacket is.

lace_up: Hope you'll see some great wildlife out there!

Sandy: Have a good flight, and prepare for a lot of snow!

Tmo: I love tools - I just hardly ever get any! Where in PA do you have just an inch of snow? We got almost a foot (central PA)!

traildc: Sounds like it's going to be a nice run! Enjoy the daylight, get your vitamin D!

Cocktails: Enjoy the home trails again!

Birdwell: Sounds like a slippery slide - scary!

sugnim: Morning workout not only for you, but for the deer, too!

QOTD: I don't like the combination of wind and rain, especially when it's cold. It takes all of my willpower to get out then. I don't particularly like the heat and humidity, either, but it doesn't get seriously muggy in PA that often. When it gets too hot and humid, I miss the long runs!

Have a great day, trailers!

Couch I'm in Red Lion (just south of York) so we only got a little snow...good thing too. Not a fan at all.

nc tam

Last night's run morphed into a basement workout thanks to the 20 degree temps and wind (still gusting into the 40s).  Still gloomy and cold but no wind at the moment.  If it holds to late afternoon and a little more of the road ice fades I will get out for a bit this afternoon.

I, too, am jealous of everyone that has off.  This is actually a busy time of year for us.

qotd:  High wind.  In any temp.  If I have to hold my hat on then I'm not going out.

Morning folks,

Well, I spoke too soon when I said I was feeling better yesterday.  Fortunately it's not particularly bad, but my sinuses are pretty congested.  Took yesterday off and will do the same today.  Keeping my fingers crossed I can get in tomorrow's training run.  (I could move it to Sunday to give me another day to recover, however, we have a lot of folks joining us and it'd be a pain in the ass to switch.  Besides, I'd rather have a day to recover after the run).

lace_up: have you run the Antelope Island 100?  That was one I thought sounded somewhat interesting.

qotd: toss up between heat/humidity and rain/wind.  I can stand heat without humidity (barely) and rain without wind, but the combo really gets to me.

Trail Monster

Morning!

4 at 9:29 average including 6 x 200m at 5k - 30 seconds. There was some puking. Glad it's over. Now off to enjoy a shower and leftover cake!

QOTD: bring on the heat. I set a 50M PR in August on mostly pavement during one of the hottest days of summer. I think Badwater sounds like my kind of run and I'm cold at anything under 75*.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Ultra Cowboy

Bagged last nights run and drank tea/honey/whisky (MM) Woke up before the alarm at 6:30 this morning and Head cold gone but throaty cough took over.  Gonna bag today too.

Tonight I take my 12 yo Middle Daughter to her guided duck hunt near Grizzly Island.  We spend the night then hunt in the morning.

You can have the humidity with heat.  I'm really trying to improve my tolerance and I saw some improvement last summer.  Maybe I'll be able to hack it better this summer.  In the Cold and wet I can out suffer nearly anyone, as long as I am moving.

WYBMADIITY

Save

Bagged last nights run and drank tea/honey/whisky (MM) Woke up before the alarm at 6:30 this morning and Head cold gone but throaty cough took over.  

Hmmm... wonder if we have any whisky?  I need to get rid of this head cold!  (Although I don't want to develop a cough).