Trailer Trash

Wet Wednesday (Read 28 times)

Birdwell

Good Morning Everyone!

We got a little bit of rain yesterday her in Southern Utah, but this morning the sky is clear and bright. All the trails are a mess right now so I'll stick to pavement till they dry a little bit.

Got in 8 miles last night, with a fast finish.

QOTD: How's things?

Life in general is pretty decent. The baby is healing up nicely after the surgery, though he is starting to teeth. The oldest girl is loving school. the little girl is loving having mom and brother all to herself while big sister is at school. Wife is happy that everyone else is happy. I'm hanging in there and getting ready to start a part time job teaching a class over at the vocational college. It's nice to be busy.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Mustering up the courage to head outside for a few fun miles. My allergies are terrible, and it's hard to get going when the chest is burning, and breathing is restricted. 

Bird: Glad that the baby is healing up. But if I'd have to stick, I'd rather stick to trail mud than to pavement! 

QOTD: In general, pretty good. Life is moving smoothly, kids are happily back to school, so we're in the groove again.

I just feel bad about my mom, her health is declining, and she's suffering from moderate dementia now. Don't know how much time I'll have to see her again (perhaps for the last time), before it's too late for her to benefit from it. And with the kids, and the job, and DH with limited health, it is not easy finding time to get over to Europe to see her, aside from the money part. Struggling with all that.

Run for fun.

XtremeTaper

Good morning all. Ran about 7 last night on the easy side of Green Lane. Legs felt good, certainly better than Monday night's slog. Phone went off for work page and of course it was at the farthest point of the loop/out back. Yeah, I'm out running an errand. Be back in the office in 45 minutes. Continued the run a little more briskly and it felt good. Similar distance tonight. TTBD (trail to be determined).

QOTD:  Work is nuts, but just tons of little things. I support way too many customers and they all want some little thing done now. Running is pretty good right now. I am on a streak of 30+ days, only one day off in the last 2 months. I consider my daily run just part of being me again. The missus is recovering from some health issues and while she is not where she wants to be at it's a big improvement from last year. Hmm.. what else.. golf game seems ok this summer. Averaging about 83 per round. Some practice and I'd be below 80 again. Ok, enough of that.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

Have the clothes with me for a quick run at lunch.  Probably 3-4 miles on the pavement.

Bird - so happy to hear about the baby.

Couch - I'd pay anything to see my father again, so I'd say fly home for a visit.  Good luck.

XT - I have to be careful, or golf gets in the way of my running.  

QOTD:  Pretty good here.  DW has stopped crying (after DS moved away).  DD#2 comes home every other weekend from West Virginia U, so that helps.  Empty nest is a hard transition, but texting / Facebook / Instagram helps close the distance. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!  will run this evening w/ the local trail running group (don't do that too often)- they typically run 5-7 miles on Wed evenings; (calling for wet snow this evening- we'll see)

qotd: life is good Big grin, I've been getting out hiking or backpacking or adventurous long runs almost every weekend this summer, have a couple of more great trips planned (God willing of course) before the snow flies; new house is nice, love Helena, work is good, everyone is healthy- very blessed to be sure!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

moonlightrunner

I ran 5 miles last night! I think I found my mojo again...now...I must need to get comfortable running in the dark so I can run before work. It is the best time for me to go....no one needs me at 4 in the morning.

Qotd: Well...I am making the adjustment from a delightfully empty nest to a very full one. It is hard to learn to live with an adult child and her two kids under 2. There are a lot of issues.. not the least of which is my controlling nature. My patents are in fair health but I miss being able to spend time with them like I did when I worked 3 12 hour shifts. I miss my old life...I am not coping well with change...ALL I WANT TO DO IS EAT!. I am going to talk to a therapist to learn coping mechanisms. Running is my salvation and my personal joy. I have to have time for it.

Couch: so sorry there is distance between you and your mom. I treasure every moment now with my parents...I hope you can go see her.

Bird: glad baby is doing well. What kind of surgery? It is so hard to see a little one taken to surgery... rips the heart.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Occasional Runner

5 crappy miles this morning. My dinner from last night was working against me this morning, but I'll take the miles. The weather was PERFECT this morning.

Starting my hunt for a pacer this morning for the Bear 100. Good pacers are so hard to find.

QOTD: Super busy right now with work, work travel, races and trying to sell a business I own. But I like the chaos. That's where I shine and it keeps me from overthinking any one thing.

Daydreamer1

Heading out for another 8.3 mile loop around the house. I have a course laid out that gives me a pretty decent hill workout on dirt roads. Ankle isn't quite ready for trail running., maybe next week. Feeling old today. My baby, DS, turned 21 today.  He's about a hour away at college tonight so we are going up to take him out for supper tonight.

QOTD: Kids are both in college and working so there are some expenses on that front that I could do without but nothing that's too major.

Work generally sucks. I've had a run of good, (think very sick) patients lately that I've been able to do a lot for so that is nice. Unfortunately the management team keeps getting worse and worse. I could write a book on the crap that they pull off. Mostly because they don't have a clue how to run a business.  They try to blame everything on Obamacare but it's not the problem, it's just general incompetence.

I've put school on hold for now because It would cost me $80,000+ to finish. The pay increase wouldn't be enough to justify that kind of outlay. Kind of disappointed about that.  I was looking forward to stomping all over the young kids in the classroom. It's always nice to be the old man who pulls down the highest grade .

Other then that I'm in better financial shape the the vast majority of people and I have a wife and two kiddos who love me, so what more can I ask for .

runtraildc

Morning folks!  Got out in Rock Creek this morning for a slow, but steady 4 miles.   Still a bit tired out from this virus, but I can see that I've turned the corner.  DS also had this same cold, but recovered much more quickly.  Youth .

qotd:  Not too bad, which is a great thing.  With the kiddos settled nicely into their new schools, summer over, and an ennui settling in, I'm focusing my efforts now on a job search.  It's been nice being home for a bit, but I'm getting antsy.  I was seriously looking at recipes for homemade mustard the other day.  That was my big wake up call. 

have a great day!!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I hear it's Queen of Nothing's birthday today.  I hope she's getting in a good birthday run...or something.  Wink

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

Happy Birthday, Sue.

Hope you are having a great day.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Happy birthday, Queen!

Enjoy the many good things that life has to offer (including a run, and a beer).

14 on rugged trails, and all systems seem to be in good working order once I have warmed up. The first 3-5 miles are still hard, though.

Kelly: I hear you. Yesterday's corn muffins did the same to me, but once they were dismissed, it was a nice run.

Traildc: homemade mustard, hmmm - I'm sure my DH would like that. I guess I need a real job soon again, too.

Run for fun.

moonlightrunner

Happy Birthday Queen! Have a great time celebrating!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

DigDug2

Semi-tapering the next couple of weeks.  Did 40 minutes on the stepper at the gym - man, that thing makes me sweat way more than running does.

QOTD:  No complaints - healthy family enjoying busy lives.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in a 6+ mile run combo of paved trail and trail trail stuff at VF park.  It was so nice to be back there.  This is the longest run I have had in probably 8 or 9 months.  I definitely feel out of shape.

QoN - Happy Birthday!! (29 right?!?)

QOTD: Life seems to be going a mile a minute.  Some days I am struggling to just stop and breath and enjoy life with the family.  I feel as I get older my mind gets pulled in so many directions.  I need to work at keeping things simple.  Buying a new house has contributed some.  Worrying about my increasing student loan and upcoming dissertation has me freaking out.  My kids often stress DW and I out.  But in all honesty I cannot complain.  I am relatively healthy.  Kids are too.  Boys love school.  Little DD seems to like preschool.  The home is coming along ...slowly.  I truly do have a lot to be thankful for.  Running a tad bit more has also helped.

Have a great night!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday