Trailer Trash

Gloomy Tuesdaily (Read 35 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Nada for me today.  I meant to get up early and go to the gym.  Does that count for anything? No no I know it doesn't.

FTYC: Better get some miles on those Cascadia's this week and next.

QOTD: Yes I have.  I tend to break them out early because my hands have poor circulation.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

i know I risk bannishment here but I ran the roads this morning and I am sorry but it was enjoyable. But I promise to be on the trails the rest of the week. Really.  I need to check the weather but I'll plan on mountain biking tomorrow morning. Love this season and our weather right now is incredible.

QOTD--I run hot and also tolerate the cold easily so it will be a while before those go on and if they do it's only for the first mile or so and then I'm hot. I get by with cheapo painters type gloves-about a dollar to a dollar and a half per pair.  I'll be running in shorts for a long while too but I do confess, I wore a long sleeve tech shirt the other day.

Don't worry, I run the roads for 75% of my runs. Last week was 100% roads! Life without a car/ relying on someone else's car to get to the trails is rough.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Could not rooll out of bed this am so will run 6 ish with Earl whenI get home.  Looked like rain this am but Sunny now.  Hope it holds out until tonight but weather says rain is coming.

QOTD:  Yes, ran a mile in them Sunday and then took them off.  It's still 55 60 her but chilly! Man some of you guys are tough!!  I like warm hands.  Yea DigDug, BoyJame and Daydreamer are whimps too!

boyjame:  If it couted everytime I meant to run my miles would be in the couple of thousands.  So know it does not count.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

jonferg67

Endless trails

i know I risk bannishment here but I ran the roads this morning and I am sorry but it was enjoyable. But I promise to be on the trails the rest of the week. Really.  

My name is Jon and I run on roads sometimes.         ....I feel better.

jame: theirs something about a road to somewhere being paved with good intentions.

Wandering Wally

I run on roads all winter.  Once the snow gets to a certain depth it's just no fun to run in it anymore so a plowed road is much better.  I consider the roads to be my "urban trails".

Also in the winter, I love it when I take my gloves off and my hands are literally steaming.  It's a riot.  I'll try to get a picture this year.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

No gloom any more, after more than 10 miles of fun in the sun. The weather is just wonderful, and runs are very enjoyable now.

I found that the little trail (the official trail which I had intended to run) where I got lost and all scratched up about 2 weeks ago has been removed. Not officially "closed", just the sign at the top end, and the post marking the turnoff from the ridge trail, are gone. I just wished they had removed the sign at the other end of this trail, too, where I had started, trusting this stoopid cute little sign. Clown

When I came to the intersection where I had come out of my misery onto the ridge trail, I realized that this must have been the late official trail, as there was no other turnoff, not further east, and not further west. So I was actually right when I found the miracle trail that led me out of the wilderness on that ledge. And so it was not my lack of skills that brought me into this situation, rather, it was a trail which had been closed, just I had not gotten the memo. Grrrgh!

And of course, as I passed the intersection, happily running along the ridge trail, a branch of a raspberry plant reached out, coiled itself around my calf, and left three painful thorns in my leg. Now that hurt (and I can't even comprehend any more how I survived getting all scratched up much more!).

T&C: When I searched the internet for the Cascadias, there were a few places which had larger sizes than mine (10.5). I am not sure if they had particularly 11.5 in stock, but it might be worth a try.

Harrier: I sometimes run roads, or the paved bike path. No shame in that, sometimes that's just what it is.

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

Big news.

Just got a call from my DW, it seems that barry any breaking news preempts it, late tonight (Tues Sept 24th about 12:30 eastern / 11:30 Central) ABS Nightline will be doing a piece on the Mongol Derby.  They will be profiling the 5 Americans who did the race.  MY DD (Devan) is a little worried that they got some footage of her, as she said "perhaps not at her best".  LOL, like riding a horse for 6.5 days averaging 100 miles a day you should be expected to be at your best.  Hope they captured the epic endurance adventure.  Anyway as they say, check your local listing.

Too bad I'm over here in London and can't watch it.  Bummer.

For those of you (and me) who can't stay up that late, I think they will have the segment posted on the Internet tomorrow morning.  I'll send a link.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Awesome, Sandy! I have the day off work tomorrow... Big grin

Run for fun.

LB2

Big news.

Just got a call from my DW, it seems that barry any breaking news preempts it, late tonight (Tues Sept 24th about 12:30 eastern / 11:30 Central) ABS Nightline will be doing a piece on the Mongol Derby.  They will be profiling the 5 Americans who did the race.  MY DD (Devan) is a little worried that they got some footage of her, as she said "perhaps not at her best".  LOL, like riding a horse for 6.5 days averaging 100 miles a day you should be expected to be at your best.  Hope they captured the epic endurance adventure.  Anyway as they say, check your local listing.

Too bad I'm over here in London and can't watch it.  Bummer.

For those of you (and me) who can't stay up that late, I think they will have the segment posted on the Internet tomorrow morning.  I'll send a link.

I guess I am staying up late tonight. I have to watch that.

LB2

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Looking for some late evening miles if the headache goes away.

QOTD: Nope...not sure where they're at now that you mention it.

Sandy-2-I'll be sure to record that.  I was watching the race really closely.  When I woke up in the morning I saw your daughter was leading.  I had to work and when I got there, I saw the "tweet" that she had finished...then all the rest.  I can't imagine what that was like.  Anyways, looking forward to the show.

**Ask me about streaking**

moonlightrunner

No run for me today. I had planned to go tonight after I picked up The Pointer from daycare... but I forgot her harness...OK...that as lame. Really...it was a long 12 hours at work and it was already so dark. I didn't' have the courage or the gumption. But...I have a lot of residual guilt for it.

qotd: no. I run warm...and only wear gloves on very cold days....probably under 20 degrees...and then only for a short time.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Sandy-2

Woke up this morning to a text from my DD.  Bummer. Turns out that they didn’t broadcast the segment on her race.  I guess there were more interesting things to cover, the horrible terrorism in Kenya.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

LB2

Woke up this morning to a text from my DD.  Bummer. Turns out that they didn’t broadcast the segment on her race.  I guess there were more interesting things to cover, the horrible terrorism in Kenya.

Yes. I figured that out before I stayed up late. I hope it rolls over to another episode soon.

LB2