Trailer Trash

Frigid Fridaily (Read 36 times)

Daydreamer1

Hoping to get out for a few miles later but I also need to get ready to go hunting tomorrow with DD so the run may be cut short.

QOTD: I just woke up in a good mood, saw this and now I'm feeling pissed off. After 18 years in the medical field I got my second flu shot. Why? Simply because it's now mandated. If we don't get it we have to wear a mask all winter long Angry. I've never gotten sick in the past except when I get the shot. I think I need to find a job outside the medical field, it's getting too controlling for my liking.

Beware folks, the medical field is a very controlling organization bordering on being communistic at times. Now you may think I'm going off the deep end here but consider that several years ago when there was a bird flu "scare" I had the opportunity to talk with a gentleman who was involved with the World Health Organization, NIH etc. The gist of the conversation was that they knew they were overhyping it, but did so to test if they could roll out a world wide shot program and get people to accept it. There's a lot I could go into here but don't want to get political, however, I will end with this. Don't ever, ever trust someone just because they are in the medical field. So much I could say about this but I'd have to write 500 pages to do it justice.  A lot of great things happen in the medical field in this country but more and more it's about money and control and Obamacare is the least of it.

I apologize for the rant, I just hate when someone tries to take away another's choices.

XtremeTaper

Hello all. Had a decent 6 miler last night on the easier trails along the lake. There was some very pleasant light rainfall on/off during our run. Today, gasp, ran the roads at lunchtime. Cool and breezy out there. About 7 miles of rolling roads around the hood'. Felt something I haven't felt in awhile and that would be wind resistance.

QOTD: Never had a flu shot, no plans to really. Almost was forced into one last year because I was spending some time working at a hospital (in the IT dept) but managed my way around that.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

NorthernHarrier

Daydreamer--No offense to your rant but let's talk hunting. Big grin  It's cool you are taking DD out. Nice.  How old is she and what are you hunting?

I started my daughter out at 12 though she had done a little shooting earlier than that.  I actually have a small range on my property in N. Wi. and I'd have her plinking with a 22 as a little girl. Bought a bunch of little plastic soldiers and she would blast them. Simple pleasures.   She once got two ducks in one shot so she has some cred too. (blind luck) Wink

Hoping to get out for a few miles later but I also need to get ready to go hunting tomorrow with DD so the run may be cut short.

Watoni

Hard with the bride in Vegas to get out (espeically with my law school reunion on) so I did get a quick climb on the bike yesterday (my second fastest Kings Mountain ascent ever).

Am trying to hold out for a midnight run tonight, but the weather is gorgeous!

QOTD: nah

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I did a measely and uninspiring 3.5 on ROADS this am.  Just wanted an easy run but it wasn't easier...it was mentally exhausting.  It's about 65 degrees and sunny here.

QOTD: NO!!  My boss is currently working for Public Health and I received an earful of shit from him because I wasn't going to get the shot.  I've never had a shot and I haven't had the flu well last I remeber it was high school.

Jonferg67 and runtraildc:  Good luck tomorrow and have fun.

sugnim:  Is there really a baby in there??  Smile So tiny.

MM:  Woot!! Woot!

DayBDreamer1:  As stated earlier my boss is director of public health on a temp basis.  This spring we had a whooping cough epidemic in our county.  Three cases equaled an epridmic.  One case was never confimred.  Many news articles though.  I try to avoid the doctors at all cost.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Chnaiur

QOTD: I got a nasal spray flu vaccine, and fell sick two days after. Looking back, I think I usually get sick after taking these things. On top of that, last year my arm had diminished strength for two weeks after that shot.

This was the last year I'll have a flu shot.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Daydreamer1

Daydreamer--No offense to your rant but let's talk hunting. Big grin  It's cool you are taking DD out. Nice.  How old is she and what are you hunting?

I started my daughter out at 12 though she had done a little shooting earlier than that.  I actually have a small range on my property in N. Wi. and I'd have her plinking with a 22 as a little girl. Bought a bunch of little plastic soldiers and she would blast them. Simple pleasures.   She once got two ducks in one shot so she has some cred too. (blind luck) Wink

No problem talking hunting it's a much nicer topic.

She is actually 21 now. She got her hunters safety course when she was 12 and had been planning on hunting. She got kicked the face by the scope on the deer rifle Black eye and decided that shooting wasn't for her. The last couple  of years she has been showing interest in shooting again and with DS being away she decided to try hunting again this year.  I  only hunt deer anymore and that's what she is interested in going for. Tomorrow is the first day of early muzzle-loader season here in Pa so we are going for whitetail, doe only. She'll take the inline and I'll take the flintlock.

She's been shooting the .22 mag to get used to shooting and is now pretty comfortable with the inline and a good shot as well. I'm really hoping that we see something tomorrow. There are a lot of deer where I hunt but it's hit or miss on where they will be.

LB2

Daydreamer: I hope she gets one.

LB2