Trailer Trash

Martin Luther King Mondailies (Read 45 times)

tjrun

Gorgeous day today.  Planning for 7 - may go more.

QOTD:  I'm 46.  Let me just say that you should be looking forward to every age.  The older I get, the better I like it.  Seriously!  I'm more relaxed, I enjoy myself more and don't sweat the small stuff, and ..........

every wrinkle I get is from one more wonderful day I have spent in the sunshine.  

QOTD2: Sort of both.  I'm at work, but my students have the day of so it's not really like working.

Daydreamer1

Getting ready to head out for an approximately 10 mile run. It's finally gotten cold here, 28 degrees, so I'm not looking forward to it. I don't really mind the cold once I get used to it, but yesterday was almost 50 so I'm not really acclimated very well.

QOTD1: Try starting with adjusting your attitude, kiddo. Since when is 30 OLD? Angry Cry. Seriously though, I remember turning 30. For some reason that was my first real realization that I was indeed getting older. I think it's because most of our earlier memories of our parents and other adults are from when they were in their 30s. Since we look at these people as being "older", turning 30 can cause some reflection that we are indeed getting older. Just start by looking back at what you've not yet accomplished and make your goals from there.

QOTD2: I'm at home. Of course I worked last night until 7 am, so I just crawled out of bed. Now off for  a run, then studying biology and math. See Mandy, If I had gotten a more well rounded education BEFORE, I was 47, I wouldn't be studying now!!

Birdwell

Plan is for 5 or 6 later this afternoon.

QOTD 1. not gonna lie, I walked around my entire 30th birthday giving anyone who wished me "happy birthday" the death stare. I was not very pleasant that day.

In hindsight, it's not all that bad. The older I get, the easier it is to focus on what's really important.

QOTD 2. Yep I'm working.

edit: just reread QOTD. 1 which is what should I do before I turn 30?

Fly out to Salt Lake. Get a rental car, pay for the extra insurance on it, go out to the Bonneville Salt flats and see how fast it goes.

Then get a hotel room in Wendover, NV, and trash it like Tommy Lee.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Hi everyone,

Forced rest day here, the stomach bug has made its round through the family last night. Not very pleasant, but at least the worst is over now.

Rocky, no update on my buddy yet. I'll call him later to see if he's come out ok.

QOTD1: Am I glad I didn't turn 30 last month, but just 48, so I haven't gotten old. I lucked out on this one, I guess - phew!! Big grin

Seriously, when I turned 30, my dog also was pretty much the highlight in my life, and I enjoyed it. And I had a wrecked back, could hardly walk. All got better with age! So no reason to panic about it.

What to do? Just enjoy life, and make it the way you want it to be for you. Might take some changes here and there, or maybe not, but be happy and empowered.

QOTD2: A mother's work is never done... "Working" even though I am sure I don't feel much better than the rest of the people (who are they, anyway, and why are they calling me "Mom"??) in the house. Dead

Enjoy the day, trailers!

Run for fun.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Thanks for putting this youngster in her place.  Y'all are full of...wisdom.  Or something.  Smile  I am kind of liking Birdwell's suggestion best. 

Harrier, you should know that I'm not really a Marti Gras type of girl.  Or was that your dream last night?  LOL.

Running is dumb.

Hey, all. SRD as far as running goes but I went to the gym and hit the stationary bike until I burned off 230 calories, or exactly the number in a TastyKake Reese's Peanut Butter Kandy Bar Kake. Is that wrong?

10, miles on the treadmill looking out the window at the club, sunny 0 with -15 temps, one lone runner outside doing mile loops, lazy old me inside, wish I was 30 (not) been there done that Mandy go hug a 63 year old guyWink on the Ice Age Trail.

QOTD: see above

QOTD 2:  being retired off, part time job off, other PT job need to go to work later.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

ahhh got in 5 miles...I fell so much better.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Scrapster

TY'all are full of...wisdom.  Or something.  Smile  

<puts shovel away>  <brushes off hands>

And I'm still trying to decide whether to get out there and run or not.  It's 12*F (feels like 6*) and I'm supposed to be drafting paperwork since I've been playing SAHM all day.  Hmmm....

SRD for the pooch and me.

QOTD1:  I am more than twice your age and am not old yet.

QOTD2: Yes.  I am recently semi-retired and working Monday and Tuesday until the end of June unless I get fed up with it before then.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

KreegSauceRuns

6.5 up and down the mountain this morning.

Saturday's 100k was my first DNF.  I dropped half way through at 31.85 miles in 6h38m.  I could have completed it, but my legs were just very fatigued.   I guess after not training in December, it showed.  So instead of continuing on and suffering for another 10 hours or so and potentially succumbing to the death march, I dropped and lived to run another day.  Overall though it was a good training run.  First long run of the new year and a good one as I get my butt in gear for Massanutten.

QOTD:  Enjoy it while it lasts.

QOTD2:  nope.  See above.

1/8/22 - Frosty 50k - 5:21:19 (strava)

3/26/22 - Blackbeard's Revenge 100 - 27:27:06 (strava)

9/30/22 - Yeti 100 - Abingdon, VA - 25:46:01 (strava)

4/1/23 - Umstead 100 - Raleigh, NC

Scrapster

4M through the hoods. It's winter out there. Big grin

valerienv

Thread killer ..

7 miles on ice , packed snow and mud

QOTD: Wish I was 30 again ...even 40 would be ok

QOTD 2 : I work 4 days a week and have Mondays off .

mecrowe

Computer Geek

Five miles of round and round an indoor track...1/10th of a mile at a time.   pretty boring....but still loads better than a treadmill.   Wind chills are in the 0 to -10 range here...so indoor was necessary for me.

Endurance Guy

Pain cave junkie

Damn,

mid 50's, since the age 45, completed 35 200 mile bike races, 15 300 mile bike races, 5 400 milers and 5 Furnace Creek 508 mile bike races along with a few dozen half marathons, full marathons and a couple of Ultra's and right now my times in both sports are as good if not better.  Your mind will age you way before your body will.  Oh and diagnosed with cancer of the thryoid 3 plus years ago.  Stupid me did a 200 mile 12,000 feet climbing ultra 3 days after having the first half of my thyroid taken out.  Chilled out and only did a 50 mile cancer fund ride 4 days after the second was taken out.

Now I know i'm not the smartest forumite here but I try really hard and as I tell my loving wife of 30+ years, if I'm going down and taking it all with me.  There's no other option.

Fight the good fight every minute of every day.

Be well,

JB

SRD I'm damn tired from 13 hours of riding/running this weekend.

ultraendure.blogspot.com