Trailer Trash

Mild Mondailies (Read 278 times)

Watoni

Hopefully 10-15 after work (bring a flashlight)?

I am a bit tired from two good rides this weekend (50 miles/5800 feet and 40 miles/4000 feet on Saturday/Sunday).

Hoping the ankle responds and the blister issue goes away.

QOTD: I do not lift weights at all. I should do more core/yoga, but with limited time running/cycling always get the nod.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

sugnim, the microwave  challenge is trying to get in as many squats/lunges/... in the 1 or 2 minutes it takes to heat up my kids' cups of milk in the microwave (1 minute per cup). I thought instead of waiting until the microwave beeps, I might use the dead time in a productive way. Big grin

Run for fun.

14.5-mile trail run this morning.

QOTD:  I used to regularly.  I did none in 2012 and not sure if I will in 2013 or not.

I have to quit posting here until I FINISH my run.  Ended up spending the morning updating the ultra/100s calendars, so I had to rush out the door for the oil change.  I think I may make today a rest day since 1) my house needs attention, and 2) I'm feeling the runs from this past weekend.  I have another monster week this week, so I'd rather rest up in order to be fully functional for the other runs planned this week.

sugnim

sugnim, the microwave  challenge is trying to get in as many squats/lunges/... in the 1 or 2 minutes it takes to heat up my kids' cups of milk in the microwave (1 minute per cup). I thought instead of waiting until the microwave beeps, I might use the dead time in a productive way. Big grin

Oh, cool.  I do that at the copy machine at work.  Usually I do balancing-type yoga exercises.  The next time my co-workers ask me why I'm standing on 1 foot, tilting toward parallel, I'll explain that I'm doing the microwave challenge.  Squats & lunges sound good too.  Thanks!

Queen of Nothing

Sue

My 18 yesterday turned into 15 miles.  The first 1.7 was at 3,00 feet.  The snow was crusty as in sometimes you stayed on top sometimes you broke though and hit you shin on ice.  Other sections was just sloshy wet snow and mud.  After a week off, having a cold, and planning 18 I turned around and told my partner...I can't do this.  We got in the car and drove lower and had a nice run.  It was hard for me though and the rest of the day my legs hurt, I felt weird, and my knee hurt.  So waaaa waaaa Cry I am taking today off.  It's lunch and I feel like I could take a nap!

QOTD: No but I know I  should especially given that I am a woman and 50 years old.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Birdwell

4 miles of hill repeats this morning.

QOTD: I'm going to start a little bit of weight training. Maybe 15-20 minutes after my swim workouts.

Trail Monster

4.5 miles of hill practice today. 5 minutes at 8% incline, 2 minutes @ 2% incline, repeat ad nauseum.

QOTD: I love CrossFit but I hardly ever have time to make it to the local box. I try to get in every other week for some heavy technical lifts so I have someone to spot my form. The rest of the time I do workouts at home. I made a box of cards with different workouts on them and every other day or so I pull a card and do the workout on it. It could be anything from P90X Ab Ripper X to deadlifts to squats to pull ups and met cons.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop