Trailer Trash

Yet another Hyner 50k RR (Read 29 times)

I'm so glad that I got to run with some of you guys this weekend, and I loved reading your accounts, Jaime and Marie.  It is so interesting to see how much psychology goes into our races, and my own is no exception.

http://badmotherrunnerstales.blogspot.com/2013/04/tackling-hyner.html

Sandy-2

Great job and nice RR.  Always nice to meet new people out on the trail.

No doubt that we'll be reading next year how you beat your 2013 time.  Just don't forget to pack those snacks, gels, etc. next time.  LOL.

Thanks for the report.

tbd.

AT-runner

Tim

Nice job. Way to push on with the low calories.  You are not the first to say "I swore I'd packed them" while out there running.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Congratulations and nice report.  I liked when you talked about deciding not to do the race again next year halfway through...I am familiar with that thought process.

I'm really enjoying reading the multiple race reports on the same race.  It is interesting to see the comparisons, but really each report is very different, which just shows that the report is mainly about the experience.  Very cool.

**Ask me about streaking**

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I truly felt bad for you when I caught up to you.  I knew it wasn't because I was flying cuz I wasn't.  I have been at that point where you were.  Glad to help with - two lil pieces of chocolate.  I can say to you, and for anyone else reading this, that you are a strong runner.  You flew by me down Hyner and I thought for sure you were gunnin' for sub 7 and not sub 8.  Next year pack more than enough calories and you might just do that.  I think it would be fun to have a competition to see who can get sub 7.  It can be done.  You may have the advantage if you go visit your cabin often.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Occasional Runner

Congratulations on a great finish at a very tough race. I have very fond memories of giving you a pep talk before your first 50k attempt at Labor Pains. You've come a long ways.

Daydreamer1

I was glad to see that you had a good run. I was actually afraid that one of you all might pass me before I got done. The first 50k runner passed when I was still in Johnson's run before the pipeline crossing. Several others caught me at the next aid station. Hopefully next year I can give some competition on that part of the course. I don't think I'll be able to get to sub 7 hours though.

Brian Runner

Congrats!

Thanks all!  I highly recommend this race.

I truly felt bad for you when I caught up to you.  I knew it wasn't because I was flying cuz I wasn't.  I have been at that point where you were.  Glad to help with - two lil pieces of chocolate.  I can say to you, and for anyone else reading this, that you are a strong runner.  You flew by me down Hyner and I thought for sure you were gunnin' for sub 7 and not sub 8.  Next year pack more than enough calories and you might just do that.  I think it would be fun to have a competition to see who can get sub 7.  It can be done.  You may have the advantage if you go visit your cabin often.

Thanks Jaime!  I'd love to race next year Smile   I'd be over the moon for a sub 7 there!!  Hopefully I'll be able to get at least one run in there every few months.  I'm already plotting a route that would take me up Humble and loop around for a second go of it.  I really appreciate your kind words.

Congratulations on a great finish at a very tough race. I have very fond memories of giving you a pep talk before your first 50k attempt at Labor Pains. You've come a long ways.

Thanks Kelly!  I'll always remember your pep talk, as well- I was a total mess!  It's funny looking back how unsure I was of my abilities back then, especially since I have the tendency to be a bit over-confident now.  I'm looking forward to tackling Labor Pains again, too; hopefully I'll be in shape for 55 miles this time around!  Oh, and I promise I won't almost start crying this time around. Wink

I was glad to see that you had a good run. I was actually afraid that one of you all might pass me before I got done. The first 50k runner passed when I was still in Johnson's run before the pipeline crossing. Several others caught me at the next aid station. Hopefully next year I can give some competition on that part of the course. I don't think I'll be able to get to sub 7 hours though.

Daydreamer, I'll look to give chase next year, for sure!  I hope you had a fantastic day!

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Congratulations, you did so well!

If the food mishap hadn't happened, you might very well have gone sub-7-hrs.

Sorry I had to leave so soon after your finish, but I was freezing terribly.

Looking forward to a nice chase next year! Wink

Run for fun.